5,600,984 Members 43,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap File Hiearchy Location?

Tip us?

alkmie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Safestrap File Hiearchy Location?

Does anyone know where safestrap boot is physically located?

I was going to replace my stock rom (its borked for reasons unrelated to safestrap) but I'm unsure as to where the safestrap boot files are located.

Are they on stock rom /boot or /system. I'm hoping that if I just leave /boot alone I could just flash over /system and be ok but I wanna make sure I correct in assuming this as I dont want to lose access to safe strap.

to put it another way would flashing over stock /system wipeout the safestrap boot?

Thanks in Advance

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkmie View Post
Does anyone know where safestrap boot is physically located?

I was going to replace my stock rom (its borked for reasons unrelated to safestrap) but I'm unsure as to where the safestrap boot files are located.

Are they on stock rom /boot or /system. I'm hoping that if I just leave /boot alone I could just flash over /system and be ok but I wanna make sure I correct in assuming this as I dont want to lose access to safe strap.

to put it another way would flashing over stock /system wipeout the safestrap boot?

Thanks in Advance
If you're replacing your stock slot, I believe you need to reinstall safestrap, and you'll have to install root before you reboot if your ROM doesn't have it already. I know ROM slots are in the data partition, but i'm pretty sure it has files in /system to get the splash on boot.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

alkmie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default augeeLt Musical

Thanks for the reply.

I have one more question if anyone knows, I have a good stable rom in rom slot 1 and have made a backup so I have a system.ext4.win file.

So can I just switch to my stock rom slot and restore using this file
or perhaps rename it system.img and use adb to flash it to my system partition?

I'm unsure since I made the rom slot system partition 1800MB what would happen if I tried to flash this to my stock slot
would it just install the files to the full system partition or change my stock partition to 1800MB or would it not even work as the partition size probably do not match.

Sorry for all the question if I have a normal recovery id just flash away but don't wanna lose safe strap and have to terminal my way back in.

Thanks in advance