XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat installation help

Tip us?

aplopeanu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default KitKat installation help

Hello, if somebody has time enough to explain me all the steps to upgrade my tablet to cm11...I'm not a noob, but not a pro either, i upgrade a lot my o2x with custom roms but that phone is pretty basic...I need to know all the steps so my tablet won't be bricked ...i really need my tablet to work and to work at a higher leavel than on stock. What I know so far:
1.I need to root and unlock the bootloader (so far I am on 4.2 bootloader, version 10.6.1.27.1)
2.I nned to install recovery ( I saw that there are different versions for different roms...so I'd like to know the good one)
3.Make a backup of your old rom (I am really confused here...i never used nvflash so i really don't know what to do here)
4.Install rom, flash gapps etc (the easiest step)

I know there are many people like me that are fed up with the stock and want to go to a custom rom but are to afraid to brick it so i think this post can really help many of us

zorglub!
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I wont help you much...but i went to points 1 & 2
1) unlock BL make sure tje correct divers are installed on yr PC ( I've used the universal Naked USB drivers and that was fine ), once that done, go to Asus site and , in the utilities section, grab the unlock tool which is tailored for 4.2. ( v8 version...)
Install this .apk on yr tablet...it will, in turn, install the real unlock tool app on yr tablet...
Then launch this unlock tool...tha tablet and Asus site talk together and the site remotely unlocks the tablet
Suggestion: refer to XDA Asus Transformer TF300T/FAQ/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697227
2) Suggest install TWRP refer to same FAQ but need to root the tablet before ( refer to same FAQ...)

I went thru those steps and my TF300TG is unlocked, rooted, TWRP recovery installed )
My two cents...
good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zorglub! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aplopeanu
Old
(Last edited by aplopeanu; 20th December 2013 at 09:11 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorglub! View Post
I wont help you much...but i went to points 1 & 2
1) unlock BL make sure tje correct divers are installed on yr PC ( I've used the universal Naked USB drivers and that was fine ), once that done, go to Asus site and , in the utilities section, grab the unlock tool which is tailored for 4.2. ( v8 version...)
Install this .apk on yr tablet...it will, in turn, install the real unlock tool app on yr tablet...
Then launch this unlock tool...tha tablet and Asus site talk together and the site remotely unlocks the tablet
Suggestion: refer to XDA Asus Transformer TF300T/FAQ/ and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1697227
2) Suggest install TWRP refer to same FAQ but need to root the tablet before ( refer to same FAQ...)

I went thru those steps and my TF300TG is unlocked, rooted, TWRP recovery installed )
My two cents...
good luck
I unlocked it and have it rooted with motorchopper...now i just need to understand how to make it unbrickable with nvflash and then I'll start trying roms and twrp's

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplopeanu View Post
I unlocked it and have it rooted with motorchopper...now i just need to understand how to make it unbrickable with nvflash and then I'll start trying roms and twrp's
For an Nvflash guide you can look in my signature.
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE