XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nova Launcher - Knock On feature not working

Tip us?

ayserk56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Nova Launcher - Knock On feature not working

This is obviously for the v500 version.. Has anyone installed nova launcher and was able to use the knock-on feature to turn off the screen? I can't get it work

The feature works fine to turn on the screen

Thanks

Ayser

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

ghetto4eva2k
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The screen off anywhere function only works on the LG Launcher. The only way to turn the screen off anywhere else (inside an app, system settings, using another launcher like nova) is to double tap on the notification shade on the top of the screen.

If you're CM rom, the screen off function does not work at all yet. Screen on, fortunately, does.

ayserk56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Awesome! Thanks so much,

Didn't know that this feature works in the notification area. That's good enough for me. ☺

dellabest
Old
(Last edited by dellabest; 19th December 2013 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayserk56 View Post
This is obviously for the v500 version.. Has anyone installed nova launcher and was able to use the knock-on feature to turn off the screen? I can't get it work

The feature works fine to turn on the screen

Thanks

Ayser

You can also download Turn Off Screen from Play Store and in Nova gestures you assign Double tap to call Turn Off Screen shortcut
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dellabest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghetto4eva2k
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellabest View Post
You can also download Turn Off Screen from Play Store and in Nova gestures you assign Double tap to call Turn Off Screen shortcut
Ah, quite useful. I was afraid there'd be a persistent notification . I really have to make use of the gesture feature in novs.

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 405
I am using the double tap gesture setting of Nova and Screen Off.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

abdulm
Old
Thanks Meter 49
GMD is another option, works on any launcher, anywhere with gestures for screen off.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Device: Galaxy Note 2 Note 3

ayserk56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks .. Looks like a tally nice app, but it required root access unfortunately. I haven't made up my mind yet to root the device. I'll probably do it soon (not that tech savvy to root a device)

colwellkr
Old
(Last edited by colwellkr; 20th December 2013 at 10:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayserk56 View Post
Thanks .. Looks like a tally nice app, but it required root access unfortunately. I haven't made up my mind yet to root the device. I'll probably do it soon (not that tech savvy to root a device)

Rooting is quite easy and well worth it if you want to do anything other than use the base features and base everything. Many people even take it a step further and put custom ROMs on to get updated Operating systems or unlock other features. Within this subforum is a thread all about roots and roms and helps explain everything in very simple easy to understand terms.

Here is the link o the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2554121

Good luck! Let us know if and when you have rooted and we can help you get the knock knock feature going to turn your screen off in nova launcher

Edit: It does look like the suggestion of using screen off does NOT require root, the app just needs to be set as an admin which can we done within android without having to root.
The Following User Says Thank You to colwellkr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ayserk56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
Rooting is quite easy and well worth it if you want to do anything other than use the base features and base everything. Many people even take it a step further and put custom ROMs on to get updated Operating systems or unlock other features. Within this subforum is a thread all about roots and roms and helps explain everything in very simple easy to understand terms.

Here is the link o the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2554121

Good luck! Let us know if and when you have rooted and we can help you get the knock knock feature going to turn your screen off in nova launcher

Edit: It does look like the suggestion of using screen off does NOT require root, the app just needs to be set as an admin which can we done within android without having to root.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I'm off from work until the new year. I'll get some reading done on that "Android ABC" post to learn the basics of Android structure.

Ayser