5,603,981 Members 43,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't delete a folder in data

Tip us?
 
chelper
Old
#1  
chelper's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 184
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta
Default Can't delete a folder in data

I went from Beans 22 to the Ben's 4.3 and the back to Beans 22. Each time I wiped everything except external SD. I even wiped internal SD. During the last wipe of internal SD, I got an I/O error telling me TWRP couldn't format because of one folder. Everything flashed normal and once I was in, I used Root Explorer to try and delete that folder, but I get an error. It's the talkatone folder in data/data. I can rename, which I did so I could install talkatone fresh. What can I do about that folder? Can't delete it and it prevents the format of internal SD. Almost like I need to run something like I use on Windows machines (checkdisk). Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Shaftamle
Old
#2  
Shaftamle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2094
Posts: 1,122
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ellicott City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleharmony View Post
I went from Beans 22 to the Ben's 4.3 and the back to Beans 22. Each time I wiped everything except external SD. I even wiped internal SD. During the last wipe of internal SD, I got an I/O error telling me TWRP couldn't format because of one folder. Everything flashed normal and once I was in, I used Root Explorer to try and delete that folder, but I get an error. It's the talkatone folder in data/data. I can rename, which I did so I could install talkatone fresh. What can I do about that folder? Can't delete it and it prevents the format of internal SD. Almost like I need to run something like I use on Windows machines (checkdisk). Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
When u use root explorer, is your internal SD mounted as read/write?

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2


Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!
 
chelper
Old
#3  
chelper's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 184
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta
Yes, and when I try to delete that folder, it says "delete failed"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Shaftamle
Old
#4  
Shaftamle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2094
Posts: 1,122
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ellicott City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleharmony View Post
Yes, and when I try to delete that folder, it says "delete failed"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My only other guess would be to rename it and delete it. Maybe that would work.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2


Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!
 
chelper
Old
#5  
chelper's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 184
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta
I was able to rename it, but I still get the error message when I try to delete.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Shaftamle
Old
#6  
Shaftamle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2094
Posts: 1,122
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ellicott City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleharmony View Post
I was able to rename it, but I still get the error message when I try to delete.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I wish I knew what to tell you its so weird

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2


Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more