XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accidently upgraded to VRUEMK2, now phone is stuck

Tip us?

SpunkyXL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Accidently upgraded to VRUEMK2, now phone is stuck

Accidently installed the new update that was pushed onto my rooted phone and now phone is stuck on "Downloading..Do not turn off target!!. Anyway to rollback or fix this error so I can reboot normally". Help is appreciated.

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyXL View Post
Accidently installed the new update that was pushed onto my rooted phone and now phone is stuck on "Downloading..Do not turn off target!!. Anyway to rollback or fix this error so I can reboot normally". Help is appreciated.
First, try holding down the power button until it turns off. Then try powering it back on.
If it continues to boot into downloader mode, flash the no-wipe MJ7 image using ODIN, and cross your fingers.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

alevere4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do a battery pull. When you turn the phone on, hold power and volume down (?) to boot into download mode. Then just cancel. It will get you out of that loop. Worked for me. Good luck.

powerram50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alevere4 View Post
Do a battery pull. When you turn the phone on, hold power and volume down (?) to boot into download mode. Then just cancel. It will get you out of that loop. Worked for me. Good luck.
i have had to do the same thing a few times.