5,594,282 Members 43,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updated to 4.3. Is it too late to root?

Tip us?
 
computerslayer
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 208
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee1000 View Post
I did an OTA of 4.3 on my Note 2 already and was able to root using Kingo, no problems.
Ditto here. Though trying to flash a recovery (say, through Goo Manager) trips the Knox counter....and fails to boot ('unauthorized software' message)
 
akellar
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1713
Posts: 2,522
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerslayer View Post
Ditto here. Though trying to flash a recovery (say, through Goo Manager) trips the Knox counter....and fails to boot ('unauthorized software' message)
Yup. Bootloader is locked. That's why there's a sticky saying not to take OTA's.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
 
computerslayer
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 208
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar View Post
Yup. Bootloader is locked. That's why there's a sticky saying not to take OTA's.
Sometimes one's role in life is to serve as a warning to others. Guess its my turn.
The Following User Says Thank You to computerslayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mlin
Old
#14  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 3,943
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Unless someone has found a root method for one of the other Samsung 4.3 builds, you better go out to your nearest wholesale store and buy the jumbo size of Vaseline.
Aren't both the S4 and N3 4.3 builds rooted? Maybe you're thinking bootloader unlocking???
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.


Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1
 
rdeluis
Old
#15  
rdeluis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 128
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
After OTA my n2 lost root.
I can also confirm, that Kingo roots the N2 after taking the Verizon OTA, but the bootloader remains locked. For me acquiring root again was great, because I use the Xposed framework a lot and many other apps that need root. As for the bootloader, I'm sure that sooner or later, one of the great devs will kick butt and get it unlocked. For those guys that challenge is like an itch.


Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
akellar
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1713
Posts: 2,522
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeluis View Post
After OTA my n2 lost root.
I can also confirm, that Kingo roots the N2 after taking the Verizon OTA, but the bootloader remains locked. For me acquiring root again was great, because I use the Xposed framework a lot and many other apps that need root. As for the bootloader, I'm sure that sooner or later, one of the great devs will kick butt and get it unlocked. For those guys that challenge is like an itch.


Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Wouldn't bet on it. S4 and Note 3 are both locked and will likely remain that way. Never say never but the likelihood is slim.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
 
rdeluis
Old
#17  
rdeluis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 128
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
You're right and honestly as long as I have, root I don't care much anymore. If it happens great, if it doesn't ok. Sooner or later we will upgrade to a new toy. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

HTC Releases Dual Lens SDK for the HTC One M8 (2014)

One of the highlights of the HTC One M8is its new dual lens camera system. Termed … more

Google ATAP Reveals Project Ara Developer Kits and 100K Prize Challenge

Today, Paul Eremenko from Google’s Advanced Technology and … more

Configure Your System Settings on a Per-App Basis

Do you ever like to make sure that certain device settings are enabled prior to entering a … more

How to Hack An Android App (Don’t Try This at Home) – XDA Developer TV

Listen, don’t cheat in your games. So don’t … more