5,605,120 Members 37,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I reverse this preference in contacts?

Tip us?

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default How do I reverse this preference in contacts?

Hi guys

When editing a contact and adding a picture to it, it used to give me several options, like whether I would like to add the picture from Album, Picture Editor, Picture Viewer, File Manager etc and then it would ask Once Only or Always...

Well somehow Dropbox got selected together with the Always option so whenever I want to add a photo to my address book it only now offers me Dropbox.

I can't figure out for the life of god how to reset or reverse that so that I can select photos from my album again...

Any help?

Please... Lol

Thanks!!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 492
The only way which I know is to uninstall Dropbox form Android and install again, after that when you will select the pictures will appear all the options.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks I will try that!

Johann_London
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks it worked! How annoying tho...

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann_London View Post
Thanks it worked! How annoying tho...

Yhea, I know, in this case working what way. If you do this with Whazzup, for example you want send a pic and you select Always with Album, in this case you don't have to uninstall Whazzup but just keep pushing the botton attachment and the option will appear. Should working that way for everything but actually is not.

a-Rcky
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Yhea, I know, in this case working what way. If you do this with Whazzup, for example you want send a pic and you select Always with Album, in this case you don't have to uninstall Whazzup but just keep pushing the botton attachment and the option will appear. Should working that way for everything but actually is not.
Or you could go to SETTINGS > APPS and then "clear default" in the app you don't want to be the selected by default... Is not necessary to uninstall...
The Following User Says Thank You to a-Rcky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-Rcky View Post
Or you could go to SETTINGS > APPS and then "clear default" in the app you don't want to be the selected by default... Is not necessary to uninstall...
Ok, so try this, go to Whazzup, and try to send a picture to someone, whazz will ask you which album or whatever you want to use, select always and the Album which you like, now when you want to send a pictures you will always use the same app with the album which you selected by default.
Now go to Settings > Apps > Whazzapp and see in you can click on Clear Default, because to me is not working in that way, maybe with some app only.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a-Rcky
Old
(Last edited by a-Rcky; 21st December 2013 at 03:07 AM.) Reason: Fix
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Ok, so try this, go to Whazzup, and try to send a picture to someone, whazz will ask you which album or whatever you want to use, select always and the Album which you like, now when you want to send a pictures you will always use the same app with the album which you selected by default.
Now go to Settings > Apps > Whazzapp and see in you can click on Clear Default, because to me is not working in that way, maybe with some app only.
Because the one you need to clear is not whatsapp... Should be the app that is by default opening the pictures... for example "Settings > Apps > "Gallery or media app opening the pictures by default in whatsapp" then "Clear default"... I hope I could make myself clearer this time...

I hope it helps