XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change device name in Android 4.4.2

Tip us?

tropicanapure
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Change device name in Android 4.4.2

I am trying to find a way to change names for several android running devices (all kitkat 4.4.2). They all appear as android-{some value} within my router.

In the past this was under device info or developer options. Amy idea where this has been moved to?
Hardware: Nexus 7 (rooted with WugFresh's Nexus Root Toolkit)
Running: Kitkat (v4.4.2) + CWM Touch

Kudasauce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicanapure View Post
I am trying to find a way to change names for several android running devices (all kitkat 4.4.2). They all appear as android-{some value} within my router.

In the past this was under device info or developer options. Amy idea where this has been moved to?
Same! I looked a little last night then went through all the menus this morning and came up with nothing

jfmcbrayer
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudasauce View Post
Same! I looked a little last night then went through all the menus this morning and came up with nothing
You can do it in TricksterMOD, but I don't know if there's a non-root way of doing it available still.
carcosa kernel for grouper/tilaipia is rather nice. You might like it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main tablet: Asus/Google Nexus 7 32GB/HSPA+ (KK 4.4.2 nakasig/tilapia, stock, carcosa kernel)
Family/shared tablet: Archos 70b (Honeycomb)
Former tablet: Archos 70 (Froyo, deceased)

ForSquirel
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Why not just assign the ip to the device through the router and then you know for sure what it is?