XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LCD Touch Glass Digitizer Screen Replacement

Tip us?

undivide
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default LCD Touch Glass Digitizer Screen Replacement

can anyone recommend a good place to buy this.

I am considering buying from gadgetfix on ebay as they list the sony version as being compatible with all versions of the screen this phone may have come with. also is $45 a good price or am I getting ripped off?
I paid $80 for this phone in good working condition except the screen is cracked in the upper left corner so its hard to read some of the icons up there.
Also the battery life kinda sucks compared to my old iphone 5 so would buying a new battery from a one x+ be a good idea to swap in while I have it dismantled?

Madcat8686
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by undivide View Post
can anyone recommend a good place to buy this.

I am considering buying from gadgetfix on ebay as they list the sony version as being compatible with all versions of the screen this phone may have come with. also is $45 a good price or am I getting ripped off?
I paid $80 for this phone in good working condition except the screen is cracked in the upper left corner so its hard to read some of the icons up there.
Also the battery life kinda sucks compared to my old iphone 5 so would buying a new battery from a one x+ be a good idea to swap in while I have it dismantled?
Are these the components you are looking for? Some are cheaper than $45:

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/htc-o...air-parts.html

http://www.tmart.com/Replacement-Tou...X_p148229.html

http://www.wiredshops.com/htc-onex-l...placement.html

There are way more links. I usually stay away from E-Bay these days because I can usually find a sweeter deal elsewhere.
HTC One XL Evita
Rom: Stock 5.18.502.1
Kernel: Stock
HBoot: 2.18
S-off
Recovery: Modified TWRP 2.6.3

Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper
Rom: Purity 4.4.2
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.1

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4654

DONATE TO ME
There are three different screens that came on this device, and they're not compatible. You need to make sure you buy the same one that's currently fitted to your device, you can tell them apart by the flex cable. Also be careful that you don't buy the screen for the HTC One X (Endeavoru). You should also make sure you buy the screen + digitizer, trying to separate the two will almost certainly result in destroying one or both of them. To be honest, $40 for both would be a steal.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

Madcat8686
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
There are three different screens that came on this device, and they're not compatible. You need to make sure you buy the same one that's currently fitted to your device, you can tell them apart by the flex cable. Also be careful that you don't buy the screen for the HTC One X (Endeavoru). You should also make sure you buy the screen + digitizer, trying to separate the two will almost certainly result in destroying one or both of them. To be honest, $40 for both would be a steal.

Sent from my Evita.
Yep, I forgot to mention that. There are 3 kinds of LCD Screens for this model. - Green Flex (Sharp) - Yellow Flex (AUO) - Green & Yellow (Sony version, works for all 3 versions)
HTC One XL Evita
Rom: Stock 5.18.502.1
HBoot: 2.18
S-off
Recovery: Modified TWRP 2.6.3

Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper
Rom: Purity 4.4.2
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.1