[Q] PA Rom missing HTC Sense TV App

Tip us?

Lighthex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] PA Rom missing HTC Sense TV App

Hi everybody,
yesterday I have the Paranoid Android Rom installed. As I sat down today in front of my TV and my HTC One wanted to use as a remote control, I noticed that the TV app is gone. It is logical that it is up to the Rome.

Can I install the HTC Sense TV app?
If it is possible could someone send me the apk?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10481

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthex View Post
Hi everybody,
yesterday I have the Paranoid Android Rom installed. As I sat down today in front of my TV and my HTC One wanted to use as a remote control, I noticed that the TV app is gone. It is logical that it is up to the Rome.

This is normal as PA is built off of AOSP and not Sense so you will lose all Sense apps and apks. Find a different app to use

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

homeslice976
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthex View Post
Hi everybody,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
This is normal as PA is built off of AOSP and not Sense so you will lose all Sense apps and apks. Find a different app to use
To add to what z said - the HTC Sense TV app relies heavily on Sense Framework, so just taking the APK and trying to install it won't work. There are other IR apps available (SmartRemote, One Remote to Rule them All, etc), but unfortunately there are not currently any apps that include a guide feature as well, just remote.

smokinmoses
Old
Thanks Meter 540
I'd suggest smart remote and get the tvguide app. Smart remote will work on roms that don't use the ir patch it will ask for root permission but it has been the most reliable for me

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app