XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dec 20th 2013 Verizon LG G2 Update

Tip us?

rdskl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dec 20th 2013 Verizon LG G2 Update

OK Did the update. Now screen will not respond to anything. All I can do is reboot but holding down the power or the up/dn buttons and go into the apps. Screen doesnt register touches.Am I the only one?

trott33
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have not taken the update. I was scared to lose root and not get it back. were you rooted? And Custom recovery?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

rdskl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nope I was stock no mods. But now am thinking of going non-stock if all of their updates might come with a price. They need to do better QA before rolling out updates.

rfarrah
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdskl View Post
OK Did the update. Now screen will not respond to anything. All I can do is reboot but holding down the power or the up/dn buttons and go into the apps. Screen doesnt register touches.Am I the only one?
Might need to take it into a store. Can you do a hard reset?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/87344
HTC Fan, but this LG G2 is Incredible
The Following User Says Thank You to rfarrah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rdskl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Something in the update killed the digitizer as everything worked fine before the update. The phone itself was fine as well on 4G, WIFI, getting calls but I couldn't answer them by touching the screen just bringing it to my ear. Did hard reset. Didn't help. In fact its no longer activated so before the reset I at least had a half working phone. Took it to the store and they couldn't swap it out since this is a corporate account. Verizon Business is FedEx me one tomorrow worst case Monday. Which means I'm stuck with a brick phone until then and using the Gvoice for calls on my nexus 7. Yea I had a bad day.

Lesson learned though, I need to find a way to backup my phone prior to an update. Well in this case its a hardware issue so I guess it wouldnt have mattered, but still. Verizon took out the LG backup tool. Is there anything similar that would back up everything like a nandroid on a stock phone?

BTW - thanks for the responses