5,600,919 Members 42,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alarm Sound Duration - How to Make Longer?

Tip us?

skny
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Alarm Sound Duration - How to Make Longer?

On my Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 MJ7 - seems the stock alarm clock app only allows an alarm to run for 1 minute & then it silences itself automatically.

I have a "zen alarm" tone that runs for 10 minutes. It chimes once at the beginning, then again like 3 minutes in, again 5 minutes in, again 7 minutes in - and repeat chimes for the last minute or two. It's what works well for me to get up anytime, anywhere consistently. Love it.

On my iPhone - I had to jailbreak and edit a system file to remove the 30 second or whatever it was limitation.

I can't find anywhere to remove the 1 minute limitation on this device.

I really don't want to install a 3rd party app that I can't trust if the device hangs, crashes or reboots and I'm not certain if the alarm is going to be automatically set or not (I always keep Mon - Fri recurring on).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions how to get an alarm to play longer than 1 minute before the screen shuts off and it stops?

pdtp
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I know you said you don't want a third party solution but i have been using AlarmDroid sense my galaxy SII and have had no issues with it. Wonderful program.
-PDTP
Samsung Galaxy Note III SM-N900V

Previous:
Ericsson T-28
Ericsson T-39 White
SPV original
SPV E200
HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125)
HTC Kaiser (ATT Tilt)
HTC Rhodium (ATT Tilt 2)
Samsung Captivate (Spare phone)
Samsung Infuse 4G
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Samsung Galaxy Note i717 (Fiancee lost this, how do you loose a phone??)
Samsung Galaxy Note II I317
Samsung Galaxy Note II I605 (Fiancee now has this)

robpz16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same problem and read somewhere that a factory reset after taking the MJ7 update would clear the alarm clock problem. I reset my phone, cleared the data, and It worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

z06mike
Old
Thanks Meter 112
At the bottom of the alarm when you set it did you change the smart alarm and/or snooze settings?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk