5,596,354 Members 38,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LS-980 any working wifi - tether?

Tip us?

DRACONIANDRAGON
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default LS-980 any working wifi - tether?

Has anyone found or established and working wifi or usb tether on stock rooted rom? This is single handly the most important function that I require on my phone. I will probably be trading it in on the Nexus 5 this week, it doesn't look like we will see working hotspot anytime soon. If anyone has a working tether please share.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

comk4ver
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Clockworkmod tether works just fine with that the USB. I take it you're with T-Mobile?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

o0adam0o
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by comk4ver View Post
Clockworkmod tether works just fine with that the USB. I take it you're with T-Mobile?

Clockworkmod Tether connects and works for me but it randomly disconnects on both my PC and laptop. Can't figure out what's causing it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

comk4ver
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes I agree it does it to me too... And you tried pda+/foxfi?

brad65807
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i got it to work on tmobile by using sqleditor and changing a value.... but it doesnt stick after a reboot. luckily it just takes a few seconds to change. and pdanet worked perfect for usb tethering
TMobile D801
E4GT

MANDROIDS
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Are there any devs working on this?

Would be much appreciated!

jamman77
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I was going to make a thread and I wondered if this was better suited to go with your post. Maybe you guys have encountered this and figured it out. Part of our problem is that no one really wants usb usally. They want wifi. But right now I'd be thrilled to have a good, stable usb tether for when I need it. The only way I've been able to keep it stable is by constant download, like setting something going in the background on Netflix, but that's not a real solution!

I have a few issues. This is USB tether and not WiFi.

I need to set up for occasional tethering and just planned on using USB tethering. I went to clockworkmod tethering and installed it on a Sprint variant LG G2(LS980). I am trying to get that working on two different computers. Computer 1 is an older laptop running Vista. Computer 2 is a new laptop running win8.

Computer 1 has the app installed and works. The issue is, if I stop downloading anything for just a few moments, it quits working. I then have to close out the app on the phone and then reopen it and it takes off just fine. Iíd like to know how to make that a stable connection.

Computer 2 is more of the issue. First, the Win8 driver signature enforcement setting was disabled. The app was installed on the computer and there was tethering for a little bit. Long enough to try a page or two and then point the computer to speedtest, which was 16mbps down, which is great for where we are in the country. After the test there was a gap in downloading any information. It quit tethering and would never work again. It was believed it might be due to the wrong driver. The first one was taken directly from the LG page a week or two ago, LGMobileDriver_S50xxxx, so the app was relaunched and attempted to use the driver found on triple double u clockworkmod dot com/tether/drivers and is LGMobileDriver_S498xxx and that didnít work.

In short, what do I do to get this to work? Iím at a bit of a loss. It should be easy.
Thanks.