XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Horrible download speed

Tip us?

bloodhawk758
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Horrible download speed

Hello, eversince I flashed my Galaxy Y back to stock after some bootloop problems my phones download speed have been horrible, I downloaded the same file on my laptop and my phone which are both on same WIFI, the phone downloads at like 10-50/kbps and the laptop downloads at steady 1/mbps. Did speedtest on both devices too and they do get the same results, 10mb down 1mb up.

the X Machine
Old
Thanks Meter 126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawk758 View Post
Hello, eversince I flashed my Galaxy Y back to stock after some bootloop problems my phones download speed have been horrible, I downloaded the same file on my laptop and my phone which are both on same WIFI, the phone downloads at like 10-50/kbps and the laptop downloads at steady 1/mbps. Did speedtest on both devices too and they do get the same results, 10mb down 1mb up.
OK so
A.the download speed of a smart phone is always slower then the laptops download speed because the laptop wifi is way stronger then the phone wifi unless you have a top end smart phone like a note2
B.if and only if you downloading at the same time don't do it
C.you can try and install some wifi tweaks 3g tweaks you name it no need to flash a rom just a script

don't forget to press thx

gohaz0331
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thumbs up Question

use 3g turbochager to optmize http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post36794328 .

mohamedrashad
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawk758 View Post
The wifi is slower and weaker on smart phones, you have 2 solutions, installing some net tweaks (search for them) or using 3g (more faster)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium