5,599,077 Members 32,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new to note 3.how to flash roms?

Tip us?

littlegreenalien
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default new to note 3.how to flash roms?

well i just sold my nexus 5 and that phone was easy to unlock bootloader and flash roms.i see this phone that is at&t model has bootloader lock.
can i still flash roms from internation version without the at&t bloatware ? or what roms can i flash? what the process.
please guys need your help.i dont want to brick phone,im currently rooted .did it with kingo .thank you

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenalien View Post
well i just sold my nexus 5 and that phone was easy to unlock bootloader and flash roms.i see this phone that is at&t model has bootloader lock.
can i still flash roms from internation version without the at&t bloatware ? or what roms can i flash? what the process.
please guys need your help.i dont want to brick phone,im currently rooted .did it with kingo .thank you
The only way to MAYBE flash ROMS is still in ALPHA testing and it is not a true flash but a way to load ROMS and fake the boot system.

Currently there is no way to flash ROMS to this phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solarenemy68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

littlegreenalien
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
The only way to MAYBE flash ROMS is still in ALPHA testing and it is not a true flash but a way to load ROMS and fake the boot system.

its Safestrap right. but can i load other roms from tmobile note 3 or international note3 that doesnt have aroma?i have tmobile.
the reason i bought a at&t note 3 is because i got it from a friend.traded my nexus 5 for it.

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
its Safestrap right. but can i load other roms from tmobile note 3 or international note3 that doesnt have aroma?i have tmobile.
the reason i bought a at&t note 3 is because i got it from a friend.traded my nexus 5 for it.
From what i saw in the thread about safe strap the ROMS have to be tweaked to work with safestrap so only ROMS developed around safestrap will work.. Even then it is still iffy if they will fully work.

krazman325
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post

Quote:
Solarenemy68's reply seemed easy to understand to me. Are you having difficulty understanding it? In case you did not understand it...you can NOT flash ANY rom on the att N3. None. Zip. Nadda. Nothing. The bootloader is locked. Without an unlocked bootloader, you are not currently able to flash a new rom. If you do, you will brick your N3. Period.

If you want to flash new roms on a N3, you should have purchased a T-Mo N3 as that bootloader was not locked.

I hope this clarifies things for you.
kraz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A Rooted with 64GB Cl.10 External SDXC (Currently)
Samsung Galaxy Note GT N7000 White & Rooted with 32GB Cl.10 External SDHC (Formerly)
Dell Streak 5 running Simple Streak 1.2 PerfUpdate + OC 1.190GHz (Formerly)

bri315317
Old
(Last edited by bri315317; 21st December 2013 at 03:51 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman325 View Post
Solarenemy68's reply seemed easy to understand to me. Are you having difficulty understanding it? In case you did not understand it...you can NOT flash ANY rom on the att N3. None. Zip. Nadda. Nothing. The bootloader is locked. Without an unlocked bootloader, you are not currently able to flash a new rom. If you do, you will brick your N3. Period.

If you want to flash new roms on a N3, you should have purchased a T-Mo N3 as that bootloader was not locked.

I hope this clarifies things for you.
kraz
Wow! Bad day at work?

We can flash roms using safe strap recovery by @Hashcode . It works fine and even gives you "multi boot" that most devices would die for!

Roms are coming already and things are getting good. International roms can be ported. T-Mobile roms run without much of a fuss.

We CANNOT flash bootloader, kernels, or modems. But with a locked bootloader this is about as good as it gets.

If your going to give someone information, at least give them correct information.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Current:
LG G2 D801 & Note 3
ChromeCast & Sony Google TV STB
Transformer Prime Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Samsung 12.1 Activ Tablet PC

A little Thanks goes along ways, please consider pressing Thanks if you appreciate my work!
The Following User Says Thank You to bri315317 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazman325
Old
(Last edited by krazman325; 21st December 2013 at 03:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri315317 View Post
Wow! Bad day at work?

We can flash roms using safe strap recovery by @Hashcode . It works fine and even gives you "multi boot" that most devices would die for!

Roms are coming already and things are getting good. International roms can be ported. T-Mobile roms run without much of a fuss.

If your going to give someone information, at least give them correct information.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Didn't have a bad day. Didn't intend to sound rude. Your signature indicates that you have a N9005 not a N900A. If I am mistaken, please correct me. I've had a N900A since launch day and have been following the development quite closely, I thought. While the N9005 and the N900T have unlocked bootloaders, I have not seen anything other than alpha testing for the N900A, and @Hashcode has not yet released Safestrap for the N900A.

Please post some links for loading roms onto the N900A, or apologize as it is you that seems to be providing the incorrect information that can potentially damage someone's device. If you are correct about SAFELY flashing roms onto the n900A, I will post an apology to you and the OP.

Thank you.
kraz
Samsung Galaxy Note GT N7000 White & Rooted with 32GB Cl.10 External SDHC (Formerly)

bri315317
Old
(Last edited by bri315317; 21st December 2013 at 04:14 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman325 View Post
Didn't have a bad day. Didn't intend to sound rude. Your signature indicates that you have a N9005 not a N900A. If I am mistaken, please correct me. I've had a N900A since launch day and have been following the development quite closely, I thought. While the N9005 and the N900T have unlocked bootloaders, I have not seen anything other than alpha testing for the N900A.

Please post some links for loading roms onto the N900A, or apologize as it is you that seems to be providing the incorrect information that can potentially damage someone's device. If you are correct about SAFELY flashing roms onto the n900A, I will post an apology to you and the OP.

Thank you.
kraz
No need in apologizing to me, we are all here to learn and help!

Safe Strap can be found here

First official FLASABLE rom for the SM-9005A

How to modify International roms to work for us
These threads are full of WIN for all SM-9005A owners

My signature shows that because I am running X-Note 7.0 from the SM-9005 on my ATT device

Current:
LG G2 D801 & Note 3
ChromeCast & Sony Google TV STB
Transformer Prime Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Samsung 12.1 Activ Tablet PC

A little Thanks goes along ways, please consider pressing Thanks if you appreciate my work!
The Following User Says Thank You to bri315317 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazman325
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:

My signature shows that because I am running X-Note 7.0 from the SM-9005 on my ATT device.
I do indeed apologize. SS became available on the 16th and the first flashable rom became available yesterday. I missed both.

Apparently, roms are now flashable via SafeStrap. My apologies to the OP as well.
kraz

littlegreenalien
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

My signature shows that because I am running X-Note 7.0 from the SM-9005 on my ATT device
thank you. will try the xnote rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
T-MOBILE HTC ONE M8
S-OFF