[Q] GT-S7500T stuck on CWM recovery
Yesterday something happened to my wife's phone - Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500T. The details are unclear, but she received notification of some sort of "software or firmware update" that was "not a normal update". After that it told her to reboot and since then the phone has been stuck on the CWM Recovery screen.
Things I have tried:
1. Cleared cache and Dalvik Cache.
2. Wipe data/factory reset
3. Update firmware using Odin 1.85 - gets stuck at "setup connection"
4. Update firmware using Odin 3.09 - gets stuck at "setup connection" - tried various USB cables including original Samsung cable
5. Update firmware using Kies - doesn't seem to do anything
6. Update firmware from CWM Recovery
a) GellyBread ROM
b) Elruki ROM
c) Elruki ROM with boot.img substituted from S7500TDVMJ1_S7500TTLPMJ1_TLP.zip
7. Update using Heimdall from Linux - fails to detect phone
Both the GellyBread and Elruki ROMs are meant for the 7500L but at this point I'm getting desperate.
I've wasted two evenings on this and I am just about ready to give up and buy her a new phone. Is there anything else I should try?