[Q] Recommend appropriate RUU to install stock ROM for HTC One

Tip us?

rprx134
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Recommend appropriate RUU to install stock ROM for HTC One

Hello,
I'm using HTC One which was initially locked by 3 network (UK) and i got it unlocked last month. I have unlocked my boot-loader and rooted my phone recently. My phone got updated to android version 4.3, after the upgrade i tried performing S-OFF using REVONE but i was not able to S-OFF my device. To install a custom ROM i have to be S-OFF. I have to revert back to stock android version. Could anybody please suggest me which version of RUU should i use to install stock ROM to my device?

I have HBOOT version 1.55.0000
I don't know what is it but when i start my device in boot-loader mode these are all the information i could find:
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB

I have relocked my device and all set to revert back to stock android version. please help me to find correct version of RUU to use for my device. I'm totally new to all these ROM stuffs and if i have mentioned some technical terms wrong my apologize guys.

Thanks in advance.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprx134 View Post
Hello,
I'm using HTC One which was initially locked by 3 network (UK) and i got it unlocked last month. I have unlocked my boot-loader and rooted my phone recently. My phone got updated to android version 4.3, after the upgrade i tried performing S-OFF using REVONE but i was not able to S-OFF my device. To install a custom ROM i have to be S-OFF. I have to revert back to stock android version. Could anybody please suggest me which version of RUU should i use to install stock ROM to my device?

I have HBOOT version 1.55.0000
I don't know what is it but when i start my device in boot-loader mode these are all the information i could find:
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB

I have relocked my device and all set to revert back to stock android version. please help me to find correct version of RUU to use for my device. I'm totally new to all these ROM stuffs and if i have mentioned some technical terms wrong my apologize guys.

Thanks in advance.
1- relocking was not the wisest decision, better unlock again

2- to install custom rom, you only need unlocked bootloader and custom recovery. S-Off is NOT needed

3- to get s-off on hboot 1.55, use http://rumrunner.us/ (with compatible ROM, I think ARHD 31.6 should work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2183023)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rprx134
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Android 4.4 rom Installation in HTC One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- relocking was not the wisest decision, better unlock again

2- to install custom rom, you only need unlocked bootloader and custom recovery. S-Off is NOT needed

3- to get s-off on hboot 1.55, use http://rumrunner.us/ (with compatible ROM, I think ARHD 31.6 should work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2183023)

Thanks a lot for your help, and i did S-OFF for my device. If you don't mind please help me with this issue i tried installing android kitkat 4.4 rom for my HTC One using clockworkMod recovery but i ended up getting some error and my installation was aborted. The error is like this "Warning - No Context found". Please help me to figure out the problem.

Thanks.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2063
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprx134 View Post
Thanks a lot for your help, and i did S-OFF for my device. If you don't mind please help me with this issue i tried installing android kitkat 4.4 rom for my HTC One using clockworkMod recovery but i ended up getting some error and my installation was aborted. The error is like this "Warning - No Context found". Please help me to figure out the problem.

Thanks.
use latest TWRP (2.6.3.3 or above), i believe CWM hasn't been updated for 4.4 ROMs yet: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2173870

verify MD5 of twrp before flashing!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roryrjb
Old
Thanks Meter 10
TWRP should work, maybe need to format. I always use the HTC One Developer Edition RUU zip that can be found on HTC Dev site as well as the numerous threads around XDA.
Current Device: Moto G
Previous Devices: HTC One, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade
Please press thanks if I've helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to roryrjb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

st.zapto
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roryrjb View Post
TWRP should work, maybe need to format. I always use the HTC One Developer Edition RUU zip that can be found on HTC Dev site as well as the numerous threads around XDA.
Hi there, how did you managed to unlock your network lock? (SIM lock). I rooted it and writes down a revolution hd rom but it still has a SIM lock... Thanks for any help here or in private.
The Following User Says Thank You to st.zapto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rprx134
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default for righuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.zapto View Post
Hi there, how did you managed to unlock your network lock? (SIM lock). I rooted it and writes down a revolution hd rom but it still has a SIM lock... Thanks for any help here or in private.
Hello, I meant i unlocked my device in a boutique. I don't think we can do that our-self. Thanks.

roryrjb
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by st.zapto View Post
Actually I haven't tried a different SIM, but I'm sure it would work.
Current Device: Moto G
Previous Devices: HTC One, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade
Please press thanks if I've helped you.