5,594,077 Members 46,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Dead, not charging.

Tip us?

Adrn7_
Old
(Last edited by Adrn7_; 21st December 2013 at 12:07 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low [Q] Battery Dead, not charging.

So basically yesterday I forgot my charger at work, and my phone fully discharged... you know, that fully part where if you try to turn on you get the 3 blink red led notification.... So today morning I finally got to put it on charger, but a weird kind of stuff happened.... I plugged it in, it was a red LED blinking (I assume charging, but can't turn on due too low voltage) this went on for a minute, then it turned itself on (I got the Legacy Xperia 4.4 ROM). I could see the battery charging animation for a minute, then it turned itself off again, like it ran out of battery again. then the same thing happened from the beginning over and over again.. I even tried to put it in the CWM so it doesn't boot the charging animation thing, it still turned off after like 30 seconds...

Now I'm stuck with a dead battery phone, and I have no idea what to do.

I would appreciate any kind of help, because I can't really work without my phone now.

Adrian

EDIT: So now I instantly turned off the screen so it doesn't show the animation and doesn't drain the battery, it seems to charge now, will keep editing if something happens..

EDIT2: Phone LED is now orange... which means above 15%... I think it'll be fine now....

kushal_neov
Old
(Last edited by kushal_neov; 21st December 2013 at 12:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrn7_ View Post
So basically yesterday I forgot my charger at work, and my phone fully discharged... you know, that fully part where if you try to turn on you get the 3 blink red led notification.... So today morning I finally got to put it on charger, but a weird kind of stuff happened.... I plugged it in, it was a red LED blinking (I assume charging, but can't turn on due too low voltage) this went on for a minute, then it turned itself on (I got the Legacy Xperia 4.4 ROM). I could see the battery charging animation for a minute, then it turned itself off again, like it ran out of battery again. then the same thing happened from the beginning over and over again.. I even tried to put it in the CWM so it doesn't boot the charging animation thing, it still turned off after like 30 seconds...

Now I'm stuck with a dead battery phone, and I have no idea what to do.

I would appreciate any kind of help, because I can't really work without my phone now.

Adrian

EDIT: So now I instantly turned off the screen so it doesn't show the animation and doesn't drain the battery, it seems to charge now, will keep editing if something happens..
Charge the battery with a battery charger( it costs like $1 in my country ) and then flash a rom for which you are sure that it has offline charging.. and that too working
See that *THANKS* button on the left..ya ryt there...HIT IT

Adrn7_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_neov View Post
Charge the battery with a battery charger( it costs like $1 in my country ) and then flash a rom for which you are sure that it has offline charging.. and that too working
Thank you for your help, but as you can see in EDIT2, it seems to work now! I'm so happy!

Adrian

PS: Mods can close the topic