XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 vs LG G2

Tip us?

isavji
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 5 vs LG G2

Looking at getting a new phone. Coming from the N4, I am used to stock and enjoy the quick updates. However, the G2 offers a better camera and much more importantly a better battery life. Can anyone speak to their experience with custom roms with G2? I'm under the impression that roms for non-nexus devices tend to be buggier.

jiteshj
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Be ready to see this locked

LG G2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiteshj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sin-cal
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I chose the g2 over the nexus for the added screen size' the button placement which i absolutely love, camera, battery life. I could go on. Vanilla android is nice but honestly , the g2 ui is awesome. I absolutely feel no need to flash away to other things.
~~~~~~~~karma is the essence of life~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phone: LG G2
Rom.: Stock "rooted"
OS Ver: Android 4.4.2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

evohog
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Just got rid of the N5, do have to say it is awesome. Camera is hit or miss. It'll surprise you but more times then not its pretty dissapointing. Battery life is rather horrendous for the n5 but it s doable,barely! If you like to switch it up and flash alot of roms then get the N5. So far the g2 has been one of if not the best smart phone I've ever owned or had the pleasure of putting my mitts on. As for roms I'm still stock for now but even this way the g2 is blazing through whatever I shoot at it. Benchmarks don't mean **** but it does stroke the ego a tad.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Moment,EVO 4G,EPIC 4G,NEXUS 4G,DDD-EVO,epic touch Amaze,Galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, s3, note, note 2, nexus 4, htc one x,HTC one, s4, nexus 5.

xblackvalorx
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by isavji View Post
Looking at getting a new phone. Coming from the N4, I am used to stock and enjoy the quick updates. However, the G2 offers a better camera and much more importantly a better battery life. Can anyone speak to their experience with custom roms with G2? I'm under the impression that roms for non-nexus devices tend to be buggier.
Pa is really stable, and with a good 4.4 rom like this it's basically an n5 with a bigger screen and better battery.
So it's almost n5 vs n5 plus if you ask me.

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nfl46
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Get the G2. The hardware is better and plus we have 4.2.2 roms that are stable. We may not get quick carrier updates but the devs are quick to port everything over to the G2 hence we have a lot of 4.2.2 roms that are daily drivers.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21341
Please no comparison Threads....

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe