XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shield on twitch or capture

Tip us?

Neodreamer24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Shield on twitch or capture

Hi, I want to show to my friends all the games that i can play on my shield. Not steam games, only android games.
I bought an avermedia capture model lgp that works with all consoles with hdmi, ps3 with component especial cable because it has hdcp protection.
Nvidia shield has the same protection. I dont understand why if we can program on it and make roms and root the system... Anybody help me?
Please i want to capture or/and stream.
Thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

ryocoon
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodreamer24 View Post
Hi, I want to show to my friends all the games that i can play on my shield. Not steam games, only android games.
I bought an avermedia capture model lgp that works with all consoles with hdmi, ps3 with component especial cable because it has hdcp protection.
Nvidia shield has the same protection. I dont understand why if we can program on it and make roms and root the system... Anybody help me?
Please i want to capture or/and stream.
Thanks

I haven't tried it yet... but you there is an option in the developer options that is in regards to HDCP checking. You might be able to disable it there. (Of course you have to enable Developer Options first). There are also some other fun things in there, like forced 4xMSAA for OpenGL ES titles. Do be careful with what you change stuff though if you aren't used to or don't know what things are.

Neodreamer24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks. I dont find the disable hdcp option. I have readed it and saw it in other mobiles but not in the shield. Are you sure it must be there? I have Development menú enabled.
Thanks