XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried to flash MF3 on MK2, now Bricked

Tip us?

coltonfisher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tried to flash MF3 on MK2, now Bricked

For the second time today I've gone and done something stupid...

I had MF3 this morning, but the device updated OTA to MK2. I tried to flash via odin the MF3 firmware later in the day, and wham... bricked.

Is the MK2 firmware out there somewhere? Does anyone have any suggestions? If I can ever get this straightened out I need to read a lot more so I don't continue to make stupid errors.

coltonfisher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonfisher View Post
For the second time today I've gone and done something stupid...

I had MF3 this morning, but the device updated OTA to MK2. I tried to flash via odin the MF3 firmware later in the day, and wham... bricked.

Is the MK2 firmware out there somewhere? Does anyone have any suggestions? If I can ever get this straightened out I need to read a lot more so I don't continue to make stupid errors.
I'm replying to myself at this point, but if anyone stumbles on this thread and was as silly as I was, I managed to get the phone working again by using the image posted on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118100

Sadly, the recovery is still messed up - but the phone itself boots and is rooted and that's good enough for me for one day. Time for me to stop being a monkey with flashing and be happy with a working phone for at least 24 hours.

fanofdean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonfisher View Post
I'm replying to myself at this point, but if anyone stumbles on this thread and was as silly as I was, I managed to get the phone working again by using the image posted on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2118100

Sadly, the recovery is still messed up - but the phone itself boots and is rooted and that's good enough for me for one day. Time for me to stop being a monkey with flashing and be happy with a working phone for at least 24 hours.

I'm stuck in the same place as you. I was stuck in that odin mode, so I used odin to flash MF3 when I had the 4.3 MK2. That of course failed and I tried to recover on Kies and that didn't work. What'd you do to get it working?

coltonfisher
Old
(Last edited by coltonfisher; 21st December 2013 at 01:31 PM.) Reason: Misspoke
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdean View Post
I'm stuck in the same place as you. I was stuck in that odin mode, so I used odin to flash MF3 when I had the 4.3 MK2. That of course failed and I tried to recover on Kies and that didn't work. What'd you do to get it working?
If you go over to the thread in my last post and grab that recovery.img file, you can use heimdall to flash it. I expected this to restore the stock recovery and let me do a reset, but it didn't. What it did so is make the phone work exactly as it did right before it was stuck in odin mode. I'm not sure why that is... someone more intelligent than me probably knows. Like I said before, my recovery still isn't working however. At the moment, I'm going to be happy with a working phone until someone either

a) posts the MK2 files to flash with odin... then I can just start over
b) or someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader...

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Stupidity.... You need to search and read before you do anything....

You need to follow this guide by gtj0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47586777

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387633306244.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	2466739  
The Following User Says Thank You to hovax615@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coltonfisher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
Stupidity.... You need to search and read before you do anything....

You need to follow this guide by gtj0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47586777

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Thanks, I found that thread after I had already gotten the phone working (no recovery), and I was a little afraid to mess around with it any more. But with your words of encouragement I went ahead and did it anyway. Now I have a working phone and working recovery rooted on 4.3 MK2.