XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Crpalmer's kernel issues

Tip us?

iluvandroid6879
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Crpalmer's kernel issues

I have flashed the cm11 12/20 (latest nightly) and crpalmers version 5.3.7 kernel. His init.d scripts are supposed to lock in the cpu frequencies which i set to 162000 and 1026000. The crpalmer.log file says the frequencies are locked in but my min and max cpu frequencies are both 1134000 for some reason. this is on a fresh install and ive tried rebooting and wiping the cache and dalvik cache multiple times. does anyone know how i could successfully lock in the cpu frequencies? no app will do it either. thanks in advance.

Imacellist
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Why don't you ask this in his kernal thread. He would be a good guy to ask.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 559
What are you looking at to see what your min max frequencies are?

If the logs say they are set, they usually are.

iluvandroid6879
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I don't have the administrative privileges or something like that. So I decided this was the second best place. I'm looking in settings>performance>processor.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iluvandroid6879
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I imagine the logs would be accurate, but so shouldn't the processor settings in the settings app.

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvandroid6879 View Post
I don't have the administrative privileges or something like that. So I decided this was the second best place. I'm looking in settings>performance>processor.

You should have administrator privileges (superuser) if you were able to flash a cm-based ROM and kernel.

Do a clean flash. Wipe dalvik, cache, system, and data. Then flash the ROM and gapps and then boot and set up the phone. Then go back into recovery and flash the kernel.

iluvandroid6879
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I mean I don't have administrative privileges to post in the original development forums. Sorry about the confusion. And already did a clean wipe and installed the kernel after the first boot. Should I try again?

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvandroid6879 View Post
I mean I don't have administrative privileges to post in the original development forums. Sorry about the confusion. And already did a clean wipe and installed the kernel after the first boot. Should I try again?

The scripts should work as advertised unless there is another app or a script/mod you installed that's trying to override the kernel's settings.

Just try from the beginning, wipe davlik, cache, data, and system. Install the rom and let it run and set up some things. Then flash the kernel.

Do not restore anything (data and/or apps). If things are working fine, then make a nandroid. Then you can start restoring things. If anything you restore mucks things up at least you have a pristine backup that you could restore.

iluvandroid6879
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Okay I'll try that. Thank you for the help, it is very much appreciated!