XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Arc Stuck in Loading

Tip us?

vilan22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Xperia Arc Stuck in Loading

Hey guys! Today I rooted my device, installed CWM and installed a ROM onto my Arc device today. It all went fine but when I rebooted after the install the device seems to be stuck at the "Sony" logo. I cant seem to boot it into CWM (tried it couple of times). I'm new to this so does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance

troubled_android
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Did you unlock the bootloader? Flashed the right kernel? Explain a bit what did you flash and how.

vilan22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubled_android View Post
Did you unlock the bootloader? Flashed the right kernel? Explain a bit what did you flash and how.
I'm kinda new to this and I just did what the guide told me to do , which is the following:

For Locked Bootloaders: Root your phone using this tutorial, than install CWM using this app
Place ROM on SD-Card
Back up user apps and data. (Various apps available, search Google Play. This is a popular one)
Power off phone.
Boot to CWM (Keep pressing the Volume Down key after the Sony logo appears)
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Mounts and Storage --> Format /System
Advanced > Wipe Battery Stats
Install zip from SD card > Choose Xperia Ultimate HD
Follow on screen instructions on AROMA.
After Complete Installation untick "reboot" and select reboot in CWM
Give the phone a good full charge, and enjoy your brand new phone!

troubled_android
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Okay I suppose you flashed this rom and installed it with aroma installer. And you can't boot into recovery mode when logo appears (by pressing vol down button?)
Argh I had the same problem when using different rom with aroma installer and I couldn't boot in recovery mode. The main problem was not getting into cwm so I had to flash the stock rom (ftf file) back on arc using flashtool and I rooted the phone and unlocked BL again. Then I restored the previous backed up rom.
Is there any particular reason to have locked BL? You can do it with flashtool.

I don't know what the problem would be since I don't have enough experience with aroma installers, I just know the basics of flashing, installing and I can solve problems on my own arc when I f*** up something but I'm a bit confused here so you better wait for someone who has more brains than I do.

vilan22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubled_android View Post
Okay I suppose you flashed this rom and installed it with aroma installer. And you can't boot into recovery mode when logo appears (by pressing vol down button?)
Argh I had the same problem when using different rom with aroma installer and I couldn't boot in recovery mode. The main problem was not getting into cwm so I had to flash the stock rom (ftf file) back on arc using flashtool and I rooted the phone and unlocked BL again. Then I restored the previous backed up rom.
Is there any particular reason to have locked BL? You can do it with flashtool.

I don't know what the problem would be since I don't have enough experience with aroma installers, I just know the basics of flashing, installing and I can solve problems on my own arc when I f*** up something but I'm a bit confused here so you better wait for someone who has more brains than I do.
I just want to put my standard rom on there atm, can you link me to something that tells me how to do that?

troubled_android
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Ok, so here's thread with stock, custom roms, kernels etc. here find the stock rom and choose version (lt15i or lt18i depends on which phone you have and where you're from) and download the ftf file.

Then go to this link where you'll get direct instructions on how to flash. It's really not that complicated. Just open flashtool, choose flashmode and browse for the ftf file, then flash it.

Good luck.

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
If you wish us to help you, at least tell which ROM you installed.

xdlol123321
Old
Thanks Meter 8
For a locked bootloader, flash the original TFT through Flashtool.
Root.
Install CWM.
Reflash ROM.

If your bootloader is unlocked, just flash a kernel with CWM included.
Mount your SD Card.
Put the ROM on it.
Flash.

Hope I helped you !
Cheers.
_ _ _ _ _ __________________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _
~ The only limit is the one you set yourself ~
_ _ _ _ _ __________________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _