XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OTG and 32Gb USB stick

Tip us?

bobdob03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] OTG and 32Gb USB stick

A couple of weeks ago I got an OTG cable and tested it with several USB sticks varying from 4Gb to 32Gb. They all worked perfectly. I have recently tried to connect the 32Gb sticks, but the tablet no longer recognises that they are attached, however the 16Gb and 4Gb drives still work.

I have tried with 2 OTG cables, 2 32Gb memory sticks, and on 2 tablets, but no combination works. They do however, work perfectly on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) which implies the problem is with the tablet.

I have started to doubt my memory of being able to use these 32Gb sticks, so I wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem, has any insight to the problem, or can clarify if a 32Gb stick is too big for the tablet to power.

The memory sticks giving me problems are 32Gb Kingston Data Traveller G3's formatted to FAT32.

Cheers

funfun99999
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdob03 View Post
A couple of weeks ago I got an OTG cable and tested it with several USB sticks varying from 4Gb to 32Gb. They all worked perfectly. I have recently tried to connect the 32Gb sticks, but the tablet no longer recognises that they are attached, however the 16Gb and 4Gb drives still work.

I have tried with 2 OTG cables, 2 32Gb memory sticks, and on 2 tablets, but no combination works. They do however, work perfectly on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) which implies the problem is with the tablet.

I have started to doubt my memory of being able to use these 32Gb sticks, so I wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem, has any insight to the problem, or can clarify if a 32Gb stick is too big for the tablet to power.

The memory sticks giving me problems are 32Gb Kingston Data Traveller G3's formatted to FAT32.

Cheers
I have usb3 128 GB cnmemory Spaceloop format exfat the p600 recognize it without any problem

bobdob03
Old
(Last edited by bobdob03; 20th December 2013 at 10:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfun99999 View Post
I have usb3 128 GB cnmemory Spaceloop format exfat the p600 recognize it without any problem
Thanks for that. I'm starting to think I may have to get some other brands and see if they work. It could be an issue with the Kingston sticks themselves.

CRABThinker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Can you send me a link to where you bought your OTG cable please?

funfun99999
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRABThinker View Post
Can you send me a link to where you bought your OTG cable please?
I have DeLOCK OTG. I am living in Germany. I am not sure if you will find it in USA. anyway here is the link for amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delock-Angle.../dp/B006TCXLF4
http://www.delock.de/produkte/G_8310...setLanguage=en
The Following User Says Thank You to funfun99999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CRABThinker
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I have DeLOCK OTG. I am living in Germany. I am not sure if you will find it in USA. anyway here is the link for amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delock-Angle.../dp/B006TCXLF4
http://www.delock.de/produkte/G_8310...setLanguage=en
I appreciate it bro.