[Q] after new ota cant unlock boot loader and adb doesnt see device

Tip us?

bregga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] after new ota cant unlock boot loader and adb doesnt see device

Ok so this is what i did
i installed stock recovery and locked bootloader using this TUT http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ock+bootloader

everything went good had some issue with update and nandroided back to original took the updates everything good to this point now on 4.3

I am still s off boot loader shows locked now my problems started

tried to unlock using same TUT as above won't go

made sure debug was checked

adb does not see my device but fastboot does

tried to fastboot flash recovery no go says remote not allowed

tried to fastboot flash boot image no go says remote not allowed

I think it has to do with boot loader being locked but without adb how do I unlock any help would be appreciated

bregga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default update

I have removed and reinstalled the latest drivers I can see phone in windows and browse it no problems.

I reinstalled adb and rumrunner for my version .15 do i need to ruu something?

any help appreciated

santod040
Old
(Last edited by santod040; 21st December 2013 at 02:02 AM.)
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bregga View Post
I have removed and reinstalled the latest drivers I can see phone in windows and browse it no problems.

I reinstalled adb and rumrunner for my version .15 do i need to ruu something?

any help appreciated
This isn't gonna be what you want to hear probably.
You should not have relocked your bootloader before taking the OTA.
In my opinion, you should not have taken the OTA at all.
I made rooted stock roms, so that 3,000 people didnt have to do the stock rom, recovery, restore boogie.
This also reduces the risk of these types of mishaps.
The bootloader does not need to be relocked to take an ota.
You now have a locked bootloader and are on an OTA version which does not yet have a Rumrunner version.
If you cannot get your unlock token to take, you are SOL until Rumrunner updates.
You said you grabbed the version for .15, well that is what you were on prior to the OTA, you are now on 2.10.605.1 as far as I know.
If I am wrong, someone else correct me. Maybe I am missing something here...it has been a long day.

EDIT:

Sounds like you got it somewhat worked out.
A rooted boot.img would help your adb situation, such as the one I put in the stock rooted roms.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bregga
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default another update

I ran ruu and installed rumrunner hboot and flashed a twrp recovery both went fine using fastboot commands and i have a custom recovery again
and root but still cant adb its weird I have never had a issue with adb before

carm01
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
This isn't gonna be what you want to hear probably.
You should not have relocked your bootloader before taking the OTA.
In my opinion, you should not have taken the OTA at all.
I made rooted stock roms, so that 3,000 people didnt have to do the stock rom, recovery, restore boogie.
This also reduces the risk of these types of mishaps.
The bootloader does not need to be relocked to take an ota.
You now have a locked bootloader and are on an OTA version which does not yet have a Rumrunner version.
If you cannot get your unlock token to take, you are SOL until Rumrunner updates.
You said you grabbed the version for .15, well that is what you were on prior to the OTA, you are now on 2.10.605.1 as far as I know.
If I am wrong, someone else correct me. Maybe I am missing something here...it has been a long day.

EDIT:

Sounds like you got it somewhat worked out.
A rooted boot.img would help your adb situation, such as the one I put in the stock rooted roms.
I had no problem taking the OTA myself.

I posted how i did it earlier here step 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...45&postcount=2

I am kinda lost on a few things as to why you should not take the OTA if a can flash superuser after wards?

Remember to push the THANKS button if i helped!

santod040
Old
Thanks Meter 5197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carm01 View Post
I had no problem taking the OTA myself.

I posted how i did it earlier here step 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...45&postcount=2

I am kinda lost on a few things as to why you should not take the OTA if a can flash superuser after wards?
I'm not saying that you can't take the OTA. Obviously you can, I posted roms made from it, right?
I did say there is no need to relock.
I'm not gonna go over it a bunch as to why it's just not a wise idea for the common user.
But you must have noticed the flood of users getting confused, and/or stuck when trying to do so.
It's not that hard to do it successfully, no.
Is it really necessary to go through that, when the same thing can be had by simply flashing the firmware and rooted rom?
I guess my point isn't so much that you can't take the OTA, as much as it is, why? It's a bad habit for a rooted user to get into honestly.
Why go through that? You can flash the stock rooted firmware and rom and not have to do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around.
But maybe I see it differently, I don't know.

Follow me on Twitter

bregga
Old
(Last edited by bregga; 21st December 2013 at 10:50 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default santod040

I locked the bootloader because in the threads it says it needs to be locked to take update.
in the TUT it also states that
"this thread will let you unlock your bootloader without htcdev,or let you change your hboot watermark from relocked or locked back to stock."

Thought it spoofed the software to make it think it was locked oh well no biggie I thought if bootloader was unlocked or relocked ota's would fail like mine was getting error 410

santod040 I have been looking at your roms and "i'm not trying to kiss your but" they look nice and get good reviews but I wanted to stay stock
nusense is the one i was really looking at hard but like i said wanted to run stock

I can wait for a new rumrunner no problem there and if it never gets done oh well I am now rooted and have twrp installed and kitkat next month "well the way verizon is everyone else will have kitkat and we will have to wait a month or so before we get it"

and i have not seen anyone else say that adb does not work with 4.3 update that is why I was asking about it to see if anyone else had a issue with adb not working after update and what if anything they did to get it back without adb rumrunner is not going to work for me anyway

santod040
Old
Thanks Meter 5197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bregga View Post
I locked the bootloader because in the threads it says it needs to be locked to take update.
in the TUT it also states that
"this thread will let you unlock your bootloader without htcdev,or let you change your hboot watermark from relocked or locked back to stock."

Thought it spoofed the software to make it think it was locked oh well no biggie I thought if bootloader was unlocked or relocked ota's would fail like mine was getting error 410

santod040 I have been looking at your roms and "i'm not trying to kiss your but" they look nice and get good reviews but I wanted to stay stock
nusense is the one i was really looking at hard but like i said wanted to run stock

I can wait for a new rumrunner no problem there and if it never gets done oh well I am now rooted and have twrp installed and kitkat next month "well the way verizon is everyone else will have kitkat and we will have to wait a month or so before we get it"

and i have not seen anyone else say that adb does not work with 4.3 update that is why I was asking about it to see if anyone else had a issue with adb not working after update and what if anything they did to get it back without adb rumrunner is not going to work for me anyway
I can understand wanting to stay stock.
I was just suggesting flashing a pure stock rooted rom.
As I said though, relocking was not necessary.

Follow me on Twitter