XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Zip vs. Image Backup!

Tip us?

gingerlindsey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Zip vs. Image Backup!

I have an "almost perfect" stock Nandroid build of 4.06.1540.3. Right now, I have not installed any of my own data, except for Contacts and preferences at the Google Play Store. I have also installed a custom recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.3) and rooted the device.

I think my previous backups may have contain corrupted data, as I got multiple error messages when trying to connect to Google and restore contacts. So, I went back to an earlier backup and restored from there. Everything is working now, and I don't want to "screw up"!

What I would like to learn how to do is to make a reliable - i.e. "no corrupted data"- stock backup with a stock recovery so that I may restore it if necessary. Also, would like to be able to take this Nandroid backup and save to a PC so that I can restore from it later.

Please tell me how to do this! Also, will I need to know how to save the file to the computer - as a zip file or as an image file. Right now, I don't know how to do either of those things! TWRP saves the backups as multiple archives rather than as a single zip file or image. Also, which is the preferable method to save the backup as - zip or image file? I would very much like to make this file available to the Developers on this forum as I know that they do not have this particular OTA Nandroid backup posted and I want to help them out! But I think that they would prefer the zip format of the file with the stock recovery.

Please advise! I would be most appreciative, truly!

clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 21st December 2013 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 646

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlindsey View Post
I have an "almost perfect" stock Nandroid build of 4.06.1540.3. Right now, I have not installed any of my own data, except for Contacts and preferences at the Google Play Store. I have also installed a custom recovery (TWRP 2.6.3.3) and rooted the device.

I think my previous backups may have contain corrupted data, as I got multiple error messages when trying to connect to Google and restore contacts. So, I went back to an earlier backup and restored from there. Everything is working now, and I don't want to "screw up"!
how to do is to make a reliable - i.e. "no corrupted data"- stock backup with a stock recovery so that I may restore it if necessary. Also, would like to be able to take this Nandroid backup and save to a PC so that I can restore from it later.

Please tell me how to do this! Also, will I need to know how to save the file to the computer - as a zip file or as an image file. Right now, I don't know how to do either of those things! TWRP saves the backups as multiple archives rather than as a single zip file or image. Also, which is the preferable method to save the backup as - zip or image file? I would very much like to make this file available to the Developers on this forum as I know that they do not have this particular OTA Nandroid backup posted and I want to help them out! But I think that they would prefer the zip format of the file with the stock recovery.

Please advise! I would be most appreciative, truly!

your too late the developers already have it

InsertCoin 7.0-6 | Stable | Mods | Performance | Sense 5.5 | Android 4.4 | KUSTOMIZER 1.2.2 | 4.06.1540.3

The Next Chapter! v1.0[4.06.1540.3][APM][HEQS]

SkyDragon v 4.0 4.06.1540.3 ANDROID 4.4 KIT KAT-Live Support!-OTA-SDHUB

if you just want a copy of it for yourself for later just hook to the PC and copy it from TWRP/Backup/HTxxxxxxx/2013-12-xx to your PC
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

gingerlindsey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you, very much for the reply, cisA! I really wanted to help out, here! As for backing it up to my computer, how do I save as a zip file? Recompile it into a single image from the multiple archived files and then zip it? Sorry, for being such a noob!