Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good news about the battery

Tip us?

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Default FREE extended battery

Caught this great deal in another forum. If it is accurate that extended stock Samsung SGSII batteries can fit the Galaxy Camera then it is possible this *FREE* extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus will work. If not then maybe you have a Galaxy Nexus and need a free extended battery and back cover.

Just click the Buy Now button and input your information. It requires you to input purchase info and will hold $1 until it ships but will in the end be *FREE*.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...eId=SPHL700KIT
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

thedicemaster
Old
Thanks Meter 263
if the battery is big enough to require a different back cover it will be too big for the galaxy camera.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedicemaster View Post
if the battery is big enough to require a different back cover it will be too big for the galaxy camera.
I thought that too but the forum I pulled it from said the battery is barely thicker than the original.

Plus it's free so why not order and try it out. If you wait until someone else tries it they likely won't be doing it any more.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

wouterkuyper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
I thought that too but the forum I pulled it from said the battery is barely thicker than the original.

Plus it's free so why not order and try it out. If you wait until someone else tries it they likely won't be doing it any more.
I woulndt mind trying, but i think it doesnt work in shipping to Holland?
W

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Received the battery today. It 'may' have been thin enough but it is definitely too wide and will not fit. Guess the gs2 they said it would fit is not the one with battery compatible wih ours.

Ultimate Chicken
Old
Thanks Meter 21
GT-i9100 user here. (No bloody AT&T or Vodaphone versions, Exynos not OMAP).

Got myself a GC110. Pleasantly surprised to find the original battery for my old Galaxy S2 *fits the camera*. Well, not completely perfectly - I can stuff it in and it barely fits, and I'll need a bit of work to get it out, but the camera works, no power or voltage problems. I had it running up to 20% left too.

I first suspected as much when I realized the only thing different on the new batteries were the serial numbers. But... the snug fit I got here precludes the "taller" official extended from fitting, let along things like the huge Momax one.

Got an extra GC110 battery and charger as a bundle, the Galaxy S2's battery works on the charger. The GC110 extra battery does indeed work on the S2, and by extension the GC110's original battery. So now I have 3 batteries and 2 devices. Joy.
Move "sig". For great justice.

==Currently Using:==
Galaxy S2 i9100 OmniRom Nightly 0106 / Dorimanx 10.43v60 beta
Galaxy Camera EK-110 (stock rooted) (It only ever came with 4.1.2 so.)
Ouya (stock rooted) (it only ever came with 4.1.2 so.)

==Formerly Using:==
Liquid Community ROM 1.4 (Acer Liquid)
O2 XDA Atom WM6.1 Kuruma Final
HTC Touch Elf Opal Ultimate 3.2.1
LG KS20 Kiss20.4