5,594,564 Members 32,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Profile Update/PRL Update error 1233

Tip us?

kenster2011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem

Ever since the new update, 3.05.651.5, I get error code 1233 when trying to update PRL and also can't update my Profile. I called HTC they said it was a Sprint error code so I called Sprint and they re-provisioned my phone. This was unsuccessful and told me to wait a day or so. There are quite a few people having the same issue and the latest word on the Sprint Forums is that HTC is aware of the problem and working on it. My HTC ONE is "stock". Not rooted.

HTCFAN73
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenster2011 View Post
Ever since the new update, 3.05.651.5, I get error code 1233 when trying to update PRL and also can't update my Profile. I called HTC they said it was a Sprint error code so I called Sprint and they re-provisioned my phone. This was unsuccessful and told me to wait a day or so. There are quite a few people having the same issue and the latest word on the Sprint Forums is that HTC is aware of the problem and working on it. My HTC ONE is "stock". Not rooted.
I was having the same issue after the update (Stock as well). Did a Factory reset (always a good idea when updating) and it's all good. Give it a shot!
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCFAN73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenster2011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCFAN73 View Post
I was having the same issue after the update (Stock as well). Did a Factory reset (always a good idea when updating) and it's all good. Give it a shot!
Thanks, I will try that later when I have more time as my last resort.

Kraizk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSaxman View Post
Thanks for the link. The RUU method will wipe the phone, right? I hope that's not a dumb question, haha. I've never updated with the RUU method before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes it will wipe the phone.

Running the RUU seems to fix this issue for everyone thus far. It must be some issue with residual files left behind from the older version when taking the OTA.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

HermanV0929
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Do you think downloading a copy of the update, would let you install it again and if so, wouldn't that fix the profile and prl problem?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Kraizk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanV0929 View Post
Do you think downloading a copy of the update, would let you install it again and if so, wouldn't that fix the profile and prl problem?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
If by download another copy you mean the updates provided in other threads you could try it but it did not work for me. The RUU was the only solution.
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraizk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]