XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android download manager constantly downloading BUG

Tip us?

gadget_ar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Android download manager constantly downloading BUG

I am using the Omni rom for some two weeks and what I would like to say that this is very good rom but
one bug is irritating me so much. When I am connected to my WIFI network at home or somewhere else, my device(SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 I9300)
downloading some data at speed about 9.7kbps continuously and even I am not doing anything on the device at that time.
So I was searching which app or service caused that behavior and I found that is the Android download manager app or service.
When I have blocked this app with avast firewall everything has returned to normal and data traffic was dropping down to 0 kbps and only was going up when
I was launching some app that needs some access to Internet. After that, traffic data was dropping again to 0 kbps what is normal behavior.
Also this is happened when I disabled this app but this blocking have some side effect so I can't download any app from google play unless I unblock this Android downloading manger. When I am unblock this app it does not go immediately downloading this weird data but this is happening after some 5 min and than it continues until I block this app again with firewall.

I would ask developers and other users of this exellent rom if they also noticed this bug and how to resolve this problem because every time when i am updating apps from google play I must turn off blocking Android download manager.

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget_ar View Post
I am using the Omni rom for some two weeks and what I would like to say that this is very good rom but
one bug is irritating me so much. When I am connected to my WIFI network at home or somewhere else, my device(SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 I9300)
downloading some data at speed about 9.7kbps continuously and even I am not doing anything on the device at that time.
So I was searching which app or service caused that behavior and I found that is the Android download manager app or service.
When I have blocked this app with avast firewall everything has returned to normal and data traffic was dropping down to 0 kbps and only was going up when
I was launching some app that needs some access to Internet. After that, traffic data was dropping again to 0 kbps what is normal behavior.
Also this is happened when I disabled this app but this blocking have some side effect so I can't download any app from google play unless I unblock this Android downloading manger. When I am unblock this app it does not go immediately downloading this weird data but this is happening after some 5 min and than it continues until I block this app again with firewall.

I would ask developers and other users of this exellent rom if they also noticed this bug and how to resolve this problem because every time when i am updating apps from google play I must turn off blocking Android download manager.
I haven't seen this behavior before. Is it downloading an update, maybe?
Lord of the Snarkô
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

gadget_ar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibblebill View Post
I haven't seen this behavior before. Is it downloading an update, maybe?
No it is not an update because update is downloading at much higher speed. This is like some pinging or sending maybe some data to someone or somewhere. Antivirus didn't found anything when I scanned system.

Chainfire
Old
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 46039

DONATE TO ME
I had this happening as well on one of my devices and ultimately traced it back to GApps, one of the IME APKs specifically. Removing them fixed the issue.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gadget_ar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem RESOLVED

Hi guys,

I finally resolved this wierd behavior on my galasy S3. Before I had installed Omni rom I wiped cache
and dalvik cache and deleted all user apps and data(factory reset) then I installed Omni rom and booted device into this rom then I saw that in this rom had not installed google apps. After that I installed gapps and rebooted my smartphone again then i had noticed that wierd behavior. So I came to the conclusion, what if this gapps that I had installed was wrong configured because I had installed them after rom installation and I had not been making factory reset after this again. So I decided that I could make again an factory reset and after that normally I deleted all my user apps but gapps was still there but the most important the wierd behavior was disappear and gapps was working normally. Then I restored all my user apps and now my smartphone works as it should be without wierd behavior.

So my advice is when you install Omni rom and then gapps and then reboot their smartphone, gapps configuration is not reset to factory defaults and this is possible cause this wierd behavior like in my case. So I am recommand one more factory reset of your smartphone after installing gapps so the gapps obtain ther default values and after this everything works like a charm.

Thank you all for helping me.