5,600,664 Members 37,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Various problems with phone. Completely restore phone?

Tip us?

Orca2040
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Various problems with phone. Completely restore phone?

As of recent, I've been having a ton of stability problems on my S2 across all ROMs. It will often get sluggish and randomly shut down, the WiFi will completely drop and I won't be able to connect unless I restart my entire phone, and various other problems. I've done a full wipe when installing any ROM and problems only came up when I installed cwm 6.0.4.3 and I was wondering if that may have been the issue. Either way, I was wondering if there was a way to completely wipe my phone and bring it all the way back to factory and how it came in the box so I can completely start over to try to fix these problems. Any other suggests would be greatly appreciated, too.

Currently running BeanStalk 4.4+, last "stable" build was with Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly.

Thank you to everyone in the XDA Developer community, you certainly are amazing and thank you to the developers of the search function, I may not know how to use it to it's greatest potential but it's certainly helped me a TON. This is the first time I've felt I've actually need to make a post for something going wrong, sorry if the problem has happened in the past and I missed a post.

I opus l
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Dude i had a similar problem a while back switching from TWRP to CWM. Somehow I corrupted my Dalvik partition. I couldn't even get back to recovery.
So I went here. Followed the instructions and completely went back to stock.

Quick Note that I don't see mentioned enough, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR APPS AND SETTINGS, (hopefully thy're all backed up with Titanium), BUT YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR STUFF ON YOUR INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL SD CARDS. The first time I went back to Stock I was scared s***less because I thought I was losing all my pics.

When I booted up the first time, I got the "repairing" Android Icon, it rebooted and I was back in business.

Then I had previously grabbed the TWRP odin flashable 2.5.0.0. tar file from over here. I got 2.5.0.0 because I planned to flash a 4.2.2 ROM after all is said and done. I flashed that with Odin from Download Mode.

I didn't even bother logging into Google on the stock 4.1.2 ( I just can't go back TouchWiz after Cyanogenmod). I just rebooted right into TWRP 2.5.0.0 manually with Volume up and Power button.

From there I factory wiped everything, then superwiped and cachewiped ( both can be found http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2235141), just to be on the paranoid side.

And finally I flashed Cl3Kener's latest 4.2.2 version of his BlackLiquid and his latest 4.2.2 stable Uber Kernel. I personally think this is the most stable, and as close to perfect ROM thats going to come out for this phone. Of course that is just my opinion after my own experiences with 4.3, 4.3.1, and 4.4.

This is a completely streamlined version of the complete cluster f** I did researching, trial and error, and starting over, while I was in the middle of actually doing it. One last tip I can give, is to get all the files you think you might possibly need and put then on your external SD if you got it, or internal SD. Its a real pain stopping and starting cause your missing a zip you forgot.

Hope this helps

Huge thanks to the Developers threads I Linked to.