S4 Doesn't turn on after downloading recent update

Tip us?

lasallegreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S4 Doesn't turn on after downloading recent update

Hi All,

I need your help. I downloaded the latest update for the S4 this morning after i clicked yes for the phone to reboot. It didn't turn back on. Everytime I try to turn it on, it vibrates but it doesn't show the logo. I also tried entering the recovery mode or download mode but there's nothing on the screen. I also tried removing the battery for several minutes and then tried the things i said above.

Is there any other way I can boot this or reformat my phone? Please help.

Thank you very much in advance

katsumotoken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here.. I had the same problem.. I did try reset it and go to recovery mode, once on recovery mode, i can choose any option because it automatically goes back to install the update. And then after installation it stuck at the boot screen again and can't turn on. I had my phone rooted before but I already flash my phone back to stock. During the period where i root my phone i never install any custom ROM and whatsoever..

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 19th December 2013 at 07:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1866

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: odin flash - JIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumotoken View Post
Same here.. I had the same problem.. I did try reset it and go to recovery mode, once on recovery mode, i can choose any option because it automatically goes back to install the update. And then after installation it stuck at the boot screen again and can't turn on. I had my phone rooted before but I already flash my phone back to stock. During the period where i root my phone i never install any custom ROM and whatsoever..
What I would do is go to ebay or online stores and buy a USB JIG it works perfect on Samsung Galaxy S4
and other android phones. The price is right too, anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 including shipping.

Here is a link worth looking at:
https://www.google.com/search?q=andr...icial&tbm=shop

JIGS are made for issues just like the ones you and @lasallegreen are experiencing.

All you need to do with the jig is first remove the battery from your phone for
20 seconds and replace it, then plug the USB jig into the usb port of the phone.
Wait a couple seconds or so and you will see the download mode screen.

Unplug the usb jig and load/open odin and after putting the stock rom in the
pda slot in odin connect usb cable from phone to computer.

Make sure the [COM:xx] lights up in Odin and click START.
Once odin successfully flashes the official stock rom the
phone will again be in perfect condition ready to use.

Your phone is NOT hard bricked, but most likely it is soft bricked meaning that it can be fixed to
come back to life after Odin flashing the official Samsung S4 stock firmware/rom which you can
find and download from http://SamMobile.com by searching by the model number of your phone.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katsumotoken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will try this method.. Thank you very much for your kind reply.. Will let you know of the outcome..

lasallegreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumotoken View Post
i was able to flash the stock rom using odin to see if that is the problem. I was successful in flashing but there's still nothing on my screen.

lasallegreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
update: when i leave it for a few hours or so, there are times that the screen turns on and then it boots normally but if you reboot it's back to its frozen state. I hope someone can help me with this.