5,594,221 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Flight Mode ON - No Wifi, No Bluetooth, No Cellnetwork

Tip us?

fvbt
Old
(Last edited by fvbt; 21st December 2013 at 11:29 AM.) Reason: more precision added.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Stuck on Flight Mode ON - No Wifi, No Bluetooth, No Cellnetwork

I dropped my phone in the water. Got the battery out quickly and opened up the phone from A to Z (except the circuitry under the screen) and got it dry, left it to dry for 48 hours on top.
Now, my phone is back together and it boots, screen works, sound works, OS works.

But the phone is always in Airplane mode when I boot it. If I try to change the Airplane Mode to Off from the menu shown while pressing Power, it says it turned it Off, but it's then greyed out (can't turn it On and says its off). If I go in the Settings in Wireless settings, Flight mode is still on. If I try to turn it Off from there, it says, turning on wireless things.. but stays there.. If i go <-back and go back into Wireless settings, flight mode is still On. If I go in Wifi settings, the wifi is off, if I select it to be on, it starts scanning and eventually says: Unable to scan networks.

So, I'm wondering, what part is busted ? Anyone know ? My connections seem to be OK, I've put it back as it was. I'm basically bummed.
Also, in settings-status my IMEI is unknown and pretty much everything relating to connectivity. USB works though.

Any ideas? tricks ? anything ? other than buying a new phone to replace this one.

Cheers.

Rohitdahiya
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvbt View Post
I dropped my phone in the water. Got the battery out quickly and opened up the phone from A to Z (except the circuitry under the screen) and got it dry, left it to dry for 48 hours on top.
Now, my phone is back together and it boots, screen works, sound works, OS works.

But the phone is always in Airplane mode when I boot it. If I try to change the Airplane Mode to Off from the menu shown while pressing Power, it says it turned it Off, but it's then greyed out (can't turn it On and says its off). If I go in the Settings in Wireless settings, Flight mode is still on. If I try to turn it Off from there, it says, turning on wireless things.. but stays there.. If i go <-back and go back into Wireless settings, flight mode is still On. If I go in Wifi settings, the wifi is off, if I select it to be on, it starts scanning and eventually says: Unable to scan networks.

So, I'm wondering, what part is busted ? Anyone know ? My connections seem to be OK, I've put it back as it was. I'm basically bummed.
Also, in settings-status my IMEI is unknown and pretty much everything relating to connectivity. USB works though.

Any ideas? tricks ? anything ? other than buying a new phone to replace this one.

Cheers.
Dont worry bro...
Give it 4-5 days to set up.
my s2 was dropped in water and same problem was experienced. But all went well after 2 days.
* instead is writing thanks, press the thanks
button as it matters a lot to me (only if you feel
I helped you )

Motorola c100--> Nokia 1100--> Spice S8--> Motorola L7--> Nokia 5310 XpressMusic--> Nokia 1200--> Nokia 5800 XpressMusic--> HTC Desire A8181--> Samsung Galaxy S i9000--> Nokia E7--> Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100-->
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Currently using <3 and found no reason to switch to any other smartphone because of awesome xda development)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rohitdahiya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fvbt
Old
(Last edited by fvbt; 21st December 2013 at 06:46 PM.) Reason: added a bit more punch
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitdahiya View Post
Dont worry bro...
Give it 4-5 days to set up.
my s2 was dropped in water and same problem was experienced. But all went well after 2 days.
I sure hope that will do it.

*I wish I had my previous phone S2 again... since this one is a donor from my father. Contemplating getting the Nexus, but than again, I hear there's a 2nd revision lol.. oh the dilemna
The Following User Says Thank You to fvbt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fvbt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oh great, now the cat destroyed the power button flex ribbon...Just great..