5,605,835 Members 47,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Will modified ROM change KNOX

Tip us?
 
iT iS Me
Old
(Last edited by iT iS Me; 21st December 2013 at 08:57 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 312
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia, Jeddah

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]Will modified ROM change KNOX

I have downloaded the official ROM from Sammobile same as the one already installed in my device. If I extract the files, deodex, root and modify the files then make the zip file and install it in my device using the recovery. Will it change the KNOX value??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
 
tcntad
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 187
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by iT iS Me View Post
I have downloaded the official ROM from Sammobile same as the one already installed in my device. If I extract the files, deodex, root and modify the files then make the zip file and install it in my device using the recovery. Will it change the KNOX value??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Of course, flashing anything that isnt signed by samsung will trigger knox.
 
iT iS Me
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 312
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saudi Arabia, Jeddah

 
DONATE TO ME
Thanks.. I think I need to give my mobile some time before triggering KNOX. It is quite new for me. I will until we have 4.4. I have a feeling this KNOX security will be removed.

Sent via Phone.
 
zsolti256
Old
#4  
zsolti256's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 365
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcntad View Post
Of course, flashing anything that isnt signed by samsung will trigger knox.
And how come the urdlv root doesnt ?
SM-N9005!! 0x1 Free at last!!!
AOSP][CM11][NIGHTLY][4.4.2][ROM]BeanStalk UNOFFICIAL Build[18/04/2014]
 
Killberty
Old
#5  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 384
Posts: 1,106
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsolti256 View Post
And how come the urdlv root doesnt ?
Urdlv is hex editing the FW so its still signed

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
 
tcntad
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 187
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by iT iS Me View Post
Thanks.. I think I need to give my mobile some time before triggering KNOX. It is quite new for me. I will until we have 4.4. I have a feeling this KNOX security will be removed.

Sent via Phone.
So it will, just a matter of time. Maybe someone at samsung will help us:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsolti256 View Post
And how come the urdlv root doesnt ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Urdlv is hex editing the FW so its still signed

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
Even I didnt know that, ty :P
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more

March of the Droids 2014 Just Two Weeks Away; It’s Not Too Late to Register

If you want to attend an Android developers’ … more

Android App Review: Auto Config Free – XDA Developer TV

In this weeks episode of XDA Xposed Tuesday, we talked about customization of … more

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more