XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering Fix for S3RX. 3.0.

Tip us?

hryder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Tethering Fix for S3RX. 3.0.

I have installed a rom by enewman17. I loved the speed and battery life but tethering was not working. Upon some good reading I tripped on T-Mobile application of My Account.

My Account application is intrusive and is a culprit of blocking tethering. It has changed the tethering hack.

Using application manager, I disabled "My Account" application and tethering is now working. Please try and post your experience for benefit of others.

Zaphodspeaks
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hryder View Post
I have installed a rom by enewman17. I loved the speed and battery life but tethering was not working. Upon some good reading I tripped on T-Mobile application of My Account.

My Account application is intrusive and is a culprit of blocking tethering. It has changed the tethering hack.

Using application manager, I disabled "My Account" application and tethering is now working. Please try and post your experience for benefit of others.
You really should be asking enewman17, and in the S3Rx 3.0 thread..
====================================
Device: Asus TF101 (Currently rocking Katkiss 4.4.2)
Device: Nexus 7 2012 16gig.. (Broken)
Device: Nexus 7 2013 Flo 32gig, (Currently Rocking PACMAN ROM 4.4.2)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE T999L T-Mobile (S3Rx 3.0 T-Mobile) The best ROM i've ever used!
====================================

RoxAbout
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Thumbs up APN Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hryder View Post

Yes this will work. It would seem the new update to the "My account app" interferes with the tehering mod. I posted about this on the S3rx v3 thread.
I havent tried to use app permissions in xposed yet to tweak it to see if theres just parts that can be turned off. I believe a better fix is to just remove it from the "stock v3 rom"
If you look at my post theres also info on how to fix the APN settings.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1837

This fix's mms issues also.

Join the S3rx thread and contribute!