5,600,664 Members 37,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Doggonne it! UPdated PRL to 55017 and calls now fail...

Tip us?

tdhite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite View Post
@bigdaddy619 -- got Ubuntu up, Android SDK works flawlessly (adb, fastboot, all things work fine -- tested 'em before starting). The SDK works whether root or standard user, though I ran RumRunner as root.

Using the ROM you suggested above, ends up with "ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!!" so no go. Interestingly, during the first reboot I saw superuser grant rights to adb, and I tested root (adb shell; su) so I know it's rooted.

Whole log is attached -- would love some help getting this going.
BTW, just PM me if it's easier for debugging / working through.

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@bigdaddy619 -- got Ubuntu up, Android SDK works flawlessly (adb, fastboot, all things work fine -- tested 'em before starting). The SDK works whether root or standard user, though I ran RumRunner as root.

Using the ROM you suggested above, ends up with "ERROR: looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!!" so no go. Interestingly, during the first reboot I saw superuser grant rights to adb, and I tested root (adb shell; su) so I know it's rooted.

Whole log is attached -- would love some help getting this going.
Did you update the binaries in SuperSU? Because both of those roms have su and an insecure kernel as far as I know

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

tdhite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy619 View Post
Did you update the binaries in SuperSU? Because both of those roms have su and an insecure kernel as far as I know
Hmmm... I just ran SuperSU and it did want to restart in CWM (PhilZ for me) and update. That's the issue? Think? I just run 'er again after the update? I want my cleansing shower of rum

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmmm... I just ran SuperSU and it did want to restart in CWM (PhilZ for me) and update. That's the issue? Think? I just run 'er again after the update? I want my cleansing shower of rum
Could be the issue if the binaries have not been updated

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

tdhite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy619 View Post
Could be the issue if the binaries have not been updated
Yea -- I let it restart into recovery and update the binary, but hey -- I also notice MTP is enabled. Ubuntu (of course) mounts it up (Windows would too if MTP is enabled). Seems in Windows, they want HTC Sync uninstalled -- no doubt, but even that wouldn't disable MTP in Windows.

Has MTP been enabled when you did this (or others you've seen)? I'm actually not quite sure how to turn it off on the phone!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yea -- I let it restart into recovery and update the binary, but hey -- I also notice MTP is enabled. Ubuntu (of course) mounts it up (Windows would too if MTP is enabled). Seems in Windows, they want HTC Sync uninstalled -- no doubt, but even that wouldn't disable MTP in Windows.

Has MTP been enabled when you did this (or others you've seen)? I'm actually not quite sure how to turn it off on the phone!
Not to my knowledge. Everyone I have helped was using Windows, I don't have much knowledge about Ubuntu

Forum Moderator

tdhite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks BD -- got it to run through. I feeeeeeeeeeel cleansed! Rum cleansed. S-OFF finally. You're a big help as always -- thanks so much.

Log attached in case any other 'over-careful' person wants to see the entire run.

Be sure to note it -- the ROMs mentioned just need to get the SU update and it'll go well.

This all sure veered off course of the OP -- LOL.
Attached Files
File Type: txt rumrunner.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.4 KB, 12 views)

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7060

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks BD -- got it to run through. I feeeeeeeeeeel cleansed! Rum cleansed. S-OFF finally. You're a big help as always -- thanks so much.

Log attached in case any other 'over-careful' person wants to see the entire run.

Be sure to note it -- the ROMs mentioned just need to get the SU update and it'll go well.

This all sure veered off course of the OP -- LOL.
Nice congrats

Forum Moderator