XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home Buttong / task manager opening

Tip us?

dragonfire665
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Home Buttong / task manager opening

So, I have searched all over the net including here and I have not been unable to find an answer to my problem. After I updated to 4.3 for some reason now, whenever I press Home Button it automatically brings up the Task Manager, something it never did before. I have read this has being happening to a lot of people but I am just wondering if there is a fix for it. Now, my button press has not change from before, a simple tap on it. So its not like I am holding it down or anything.

Does anyone have a solution? I am not rooted, especially since I read that My Account now reads any rooted phone, so I am kinda worry that I will lose any warranty after they tag you.

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire665 View Post
So, I have searched all over the net including here and I have not been unable to find an answer to my problem. After I updated to 4.3 for some reason now, whenever I press Home Button it automatically brings up the Task Manager, something it never did before. I have read this has being happening to a lot of people but I am just wondering if there is a fix for it. Now, my button press has not change from before, a simple tap on it. So its not like I am holding it down or anything.

Does anyone have a solution? I am not rooted, especially since I read that My Account now reads any rooted phone, so I am kinda worry that I will lose any warranty after they tag you.
Ehhh, I am not too knowledgeable on products that can map the keys to a different function without root. Give Home2 Shortcut a try but I do not believe it allows you to change the long hold button.

And you can root and remove the T-Mobile app. I just froze it using Titanium Backup so it's not a problem at all.

< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules