XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not receiving push gmail and whatsapp on wifi

Tip us?

bdacier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not receiving push gmail and whatsapp on wifi

I'm experiencing problems with Gmail and whatsapp: whenever I'm on my home wifi the push does not work. But more problematic, sometimes it does work. Next to that when I go into whatsapp after a day of no messages they all arrive at once.

So I'm able to receive messages and Internet works, but the push services doesn't work most of the time! I'm not on stamina mode or any other battery app (BTW battery of my z1 is worse than my sp).

Does anyone have an idea how to find out if there's a culprit or what settings I've messed up?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

bdacier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So nobody has a clue I gather?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 479
To my look like the Auto-Sync is OFF so turn it ON. If is already ON probably Gmail and Whazzuppe is not in the list so you have to addict it manually + Add Account.

bdacier
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
To my look like the Auto-Sync is OFF so turn it ON. If is already ON probably Gmail and Whazzuppe is not in the list so you have to addict it manually + Add Account.
Thanks for thinking with me, though that is not the case! Sync is on and it works perfectly on other wifi networks.

I can report a more peculiar fact: pinging google.com with Fing results in 100% packet loss, though pinging for example tweakers.net gives me an average of 40msec. Strangely I can brows to www.google.com in Chrome... It seems as though there's something very wrong with my Z1 because pinging Google.com with my Xperia SP does work!