5,604,730 Members 32,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unauthorized System?

Tip us?
 
foton92
Old
#1  
foton92's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco
Default [Q] Unauthorized System?

Hey guys. I just rooted my phone and I installed TWRP and I went to recovery and it said "Unauthorized System" or something like that. I realized that I didn't unlock the bootloader. But how do I put the stock recovery on my phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Android 4.4 (CM11)




Samsung Fascinate- CM9
Droid incredible 2- htc sense 3.0
Droid 3- CM9

Moto Droid 4 - ICS
Amazon Kindle Fire- Stock
 
prdog1
Old
#2  
prdog1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4038
Posts: 7,264
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by foton92 View Post
Hey guys. I just rooted my phone and I installed TWRP and I went to recovery and it said "Unauthorized System" or something like that. I realized that I didn't unlock the bootloader. But how do I put the stock recovery on my phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
If on 4.3 update you can't at this time. Your bricked. If on 4.1.2 need to Odin the 4.1.2 tar and start over.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535
 
foton92
Old
#3  
foton92's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
If on 4.3 update you can't at this time. Your bricked. If on 4.1.2 need to Odin the 4.1.2 tar and start over.
Well luckily I just flashed the recovery and not the whole system. So its just the recovery that's messed up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Android 4.4 (CM11)




Samsung Fascinate- CM9
Droid incredible 2- htc sense 3.0
Droid 3- CM9

Moto Droid 4 - ICS
Amazon Kindle Fire- Stock
 
prdog1
Old
#4  
prdog1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4038
Posts: 7,264
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by foton92 View Post
Well luckily I just flashed the recovery and not the whole system. So its just the recovery that's messed up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Yea. No way to fix until there is an Odin image or some one makes an Odin flashable stock recovery image.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535
 
foton92
Old
#5  
foton92's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
Yea. No way to fix until there is an Odin image or some one makes an Odin flashable stock recovery image.
Thanks bro. That's all the info I need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Android 4.4 (CM11)




Samsung Fascinate- CM9
Droid incredible 2- htc sense 3.0
Droid 3- CM9

Moto Droid 4 - ICS
Amazon Kindle Fire- Stock
 
prdog1
Old
#6  
prdog1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4038
Posts: 7,264
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by foton92 View Post
Thanks bro. That's all the info I need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Yea. Lucky you didn't try to downgrade back or unlock. Would have full brick. At least have a phone for now. You are better off than a lot of them on here.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more