5,594,386 Members 35,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No problems on CM, but when I try to flash different ROM says I'm not rooted.

Tip us?

BeeBiteBoy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No problems on CM, but when I try to flash different ROM says I'm not rooted.

Bought a Nexus 7 about a month ago, updated it to KitKat, rooted it and flashed the latest stable CM. No problems at all. Today I decided to try some other ROM's. Flashed one and the root access was acting funny so I flashed my CM recovery. Tried to flash Paranoid Android and can't even get that one to boot up. It's something to do with my root access, but I don't know what else to do. I've flashed different versions of SU and nothing is working. Everything is great as long as I stay on my CM backup but if I do anything involving updating SU or flashing a ROM it's screwed. Anybody got any ideas?

wantabe
Old
(Last edited by wantabe; 22nd December 2013 at 02:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBiteBoy View Post
Bought a Nexus 7 about a month ago, updated it to KitKat, rooted it and flashed the latest stable CM. No problems at all. Today I decided to try some other ROM's. Flashed one and the root access was acting funny so I flashed my CM recovery. Tried to flash Paranoid Android and can't even get that one to boot up. It's something to do with my root access, but I don't know what else to do. I've flashed different versions of SU and nothing is working. Everything is great as long as I stay on my CM backup but if I do anything involving updating SU or flashing a ROM it's screwed. Anybody got any ideas?
I haven't flashed CM in a couple years, other than mods I stay on stock roms but I'm thinking your problem has something to do with the kernel you have with CM and maybe changes to the partitions if any. Personally... I would flash the factory image without flashing the userdata.img so you don't lose your data. Then you can try PA or whatever.
"Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"

AT&T HTC One X - 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ElementalX
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
Nexus 4 8GB-Moved to Better Home!
Nexus 7 16GB-Moved to Better Home!.
Nexus 7 32GB-Moved to Better Home!