XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Multiple Xposed Modules

Tip us?

xdapowerapps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Default [Q] Multiple Xposed Modules

I've got the following modules installed: Nottach Xposed, Wanam Xposed, XBlast Tools.

Each provides something unique that the rest don't have. The issue I'm having is that when I open up one of the modules, it loads it's settings and overwrites the other modules. Here is a sample scenario:

1) Open first module, set the number of signal bars to 6.
2) Open second module, but don't touch the default of 4 signal bars and change the color of the seekbar or something.
3) Restart.
4) The 4 bars overwrites the 6.

I know these conflicts arise with the territory when using multiple modules that have the same options for one setting. My question is, is there any possible way I can track the changes a module makes, and create a script from it that gets applied whenever I boot up my phone. Is that even possible?

It would be nice to have one script that can unify all the changes the modules make. I'm assuming it would have to be an Xposed module itself since the changes are made at startup. Anyone have any suggestions or tips I may find useful?

< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
I've got the following modules installed: Nottach Xposed, Wanam Xposed, XBlast Tools.

Each provides something unique that the rest don't have. The issue I'm having is that when I open up one of the modules, it loads it's settings and overwrites the other modules. Here is a sample scenario:

1) Open first module, set the number of signal bars to 6.
2) Open second module, but don't touch the default of 4 signal bars and change the color of the seekbar or something.
3) Restart.
4) The 4 bars overwrites the 6.

I know these conflicts arise with the territory when using multiple modules that have the same options for one setting. My question is, is there any possible way I can track the changes a module makes, and create a script from it that gets applied whenever I boot up my phone. Is that even possible?

It would be nice to have one script that can unify all the changes the modules make. I'm assuming it would have to be an Xposed module itself since the changes are made at startup. Anyone have any suggestions or tips I may find useful?
Multiple Xposed modules is one of the best way to get your phone
all messed up... My suggestion is stick with you favorite module.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

xdapowerapps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
Multiple Xposed modules is one of the best way to get your phone
all messed up... My suggestion is stick with you favorite module.

Good luck!
Well, it's a pain in the ass for the first time setup, but once everything is set, I don't have to touch it again which is plus. But if I decide to make one little change, things reset and I have to start again. Sigh. Wish all the All-in-One modules had the "On-Off" switch so they don't make any changes until you enable it and apply. Wishful thinking.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 22nd December 2013 at 03:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: Xposed Modules

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
Well, it's a pain in the ass for the first time setup, but once everything is set, I don't have to touch it again which is plus. But if I decide to make one little change, things reset and I have to start again. Sigh. Wish all the All-in-One modules had the "On-Off" switch so they don't make any changes until you enable it and apply. Wishful thinking.
There is something else which could be done by the Xposed DEVS
to upgrade the app to make it a whole lot easier for all the users.

All the modules should create a log with time/date stamp along with the specific
changes made to the options and settings in the modules in a format which even
a noob or novice could read and fully understand all the details in the log.

Another thing which could be done to make things easier is to have a SAVE/RESTORE
option in all the modules just like like the better launchers have.
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

xdapowerapps
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
There is something else which could be done by the Xposed DEVS
to upgrade the app to make it a whole lot easier for all the users.

All the modules should create a log with time/date stamp along with the specific
changes made to the options and settings in the modules in a format which even
a noob or novice could read and fully understand all the details in the log.
Agreed, that would be great to have on hand. Great idea.