5,604,443 Members 47,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't activate rooted SM-N9005 purchased in Asia

Tip us?

offbeat81
Old
(Last edited by offbeat81; 22nd December 2013 at 02:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Can't activate rooted SM-N9005 purchased in Asia

I bought a Note 3 SM-N9005 in Malaysia and now I'm back in the States. My phone will not activate on Verizon nor will it even detect their network. The phone was rooted using the de la vega method with these files:

N9005XXUBMJ1_VEGA.tar.md5
N9005OLBBMI3_CSC.tar.md5

This might be pretty obvious but I'm suspecting the reason for my problems is because it's not using the Verizon firmware? If that's the fix, can I do the Verizon root method on my phone even though it's not the N900V?

silow
Old
Thanks Meter 59
You won't be able to use this model on Verizon since this model does not have CDMA radios enabled. Even if you could get it enabled through baseband hacks Verizon will not allow you to activate phones that are not in their systems.

offbeat81
Old
(Last edited by offbeat81; 22nd December 2013 at 04:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
By cdma do you also mean wcdma? I used the phone on a cdma network in Korea without any problems. Before buying the phone, I actually showed Verizon support the exact model I was going to get and they confirmed that it does work on the Verizon network. I've been talking to their tech support all this past week and they said it's possible to put the phone in their system, but since my phone doesn't even see the network, nothing works.
Tags
verizon