XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G2 or Nexus 5

Tip us?

Critical Detox
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmk View Post
I'm going to do mine through the new sprint one up. I can't afford a new phone outright.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
Even if you don't have the time to bring something to the table now, It's still pleasing to know that at some point you'll have time, should you join us over on the LS980 that is. It's not the quantity of releases that matters most, it's the quality. And right now we don't have much of either for LS980.

Sent from an Xposed LG-G2/LS-980

_dannyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 121
I personally may be going with the Nexus 5. Until then, you'll be missed on this forum. (I'm assuming you'll stop deving for us if you get a new phone to focus on)

mellevdlinde
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Definately Nexus 5. Great phone, no stupid back buttons, but the battery life is less impressive. I am on CM11, and battery life is even much better than stock android. And I have not even installed the franco kernel.
Unlocking and rooting the N5 is easy.

Oh, and the camera has been improved massively, because of the android 4.4.2 update (which is supported on CM11)

CM11 could be buggy, but i have not noticed any bug.

Good luck with your decision!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to mellevdlinde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidmk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Detox View Post
Even if you don't have the time to bring something to the table now, It's still pleasing to know that at some point you'll have time, should you join us over on the LS980 that is. It's not the quantity of releases that matters most, it's the quality. And right now we don't have much of either for LS980.

Sent from an Xposed LG-G2/LS-980
Tempting. Sprint is being stupid as usual about working with me to stay a customer. I might be switching to t mobile. I heard that their data speeds are good but voice service sucks. Can anyone comment on that? I have been having terrible service with sprint lately and no 4g where I live so t mobile might be a huge upgrade.

The Following User Says Thank You to droidmk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
(Last edited by micmars; 21st December 2013 at 08:50 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7251
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmk View Post
Tempting. Sprint is being stupid as usual about working with me to stay a customer. I might be switching to t mobile. I heard that their data speeds are good but voice service sucks. Can anyone comment on that? I have been having terrible service with sprint lately and no 4g where I live so t mobile might be a huge upgrade.

I'd think it fitting to do exactly and only what is right for you, and no one else.

As to voice + data services, these vary by region of the country. It took 2 years where I live for Sprint to go from selling 4G LTE phones and charging for them monthly to actually delivering on it. Now, I couldn't be happier with the data and voice quality (though voice has never been an issue where I reside).

T-Mobile may be great where you live, and based on what you've stated about wanting time for you and wanting a trouble-free update experience, go with the Nexus 5 and be done with it.

I wish you luck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

droidmk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
I'd think it fitting to do exactly and only what is right for you, and no one else.

As to voice + data services, these vary by region of the country. It took 2 years where I live for Sprint to go from selling 4G LTE phones and charging for them monthly to actually delivering on it. Now, I couldn't be happier with the data and voice quality (though voice has never been an issue where I reside).

T-Mobile may be great where you live, and based on what you've stated about wanting time for you and wanting a trouble-free update experience, go with the Nexus 5 and be done with it.

I wish you luck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
I appreciate all the opinions and thoughts. I ended up going with the nexus 5 on t mobile. I did the jump program so maybe in 6 months if I have the urge to contribute more I will try something different.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to droidmk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]