5,598,086 Members 42,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any stable Sense based ROM with softkey support?

Tip us?

ilovecats
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Any stable Sense based ROM with softkey support?

I'm in urgent need of a Sense based ROM that has softkey enabler built-in or available via app/mod. My 3 hardware keys are defective and I have been relying on an app called "softkey enabler", which only works on CM based ROM's. But I've been having trouble with CM lately (several bugs that really bother me) and I really want to go back to a stable Sense ROM (Sense 5 if possible). So does such a ROM exist? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4633

DONATE TO ME
Asking which ROM is best/most stable isn't allowed. To say one is better infers that the others are inferior in some way. This isn't fair to the devs who spend their spare time giving us these ROMs free of charge.

Now onto the other part of your question. You could try an Xposed module called GravityBox, most of its features won't work because it's meant to be used with aosp ROMs, but it does have the navigation bar (softkey as you call it) feature which might work. It's worth a try. Obviously you need the Xpoded Framework installed first for the module to work.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3