wkw89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORiZUN View Post
Have you called AT&T about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
No, I was thinking of bringing it to the store and seeing what they say about it.

Russ77
Old
Thanks Meter 57
you're going to have to have the original buyer of this phone call customer care.

since it sounds as if it was purchased by a business acct or online, the store will not help.

business customer care, online sales, and store sales are separate.

wkw89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ77 View Post
you're going to have to have the original buyer of this phone call customer care.

since it sounds as if it was purchased by a business acct or online, the store will not help.

business customer care, online sales, and store sales are separate.
No, it was not a business account that it was purchased under. It was done over the phone i believe when he did do it. but he already did contact att and all they told him was that fedex would pick up the phone(this was November 20th).

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkw89 View Post
No, it was not a business account that it was purchased under. It was done over the phone i believe when he did do it. but he already did contact att and all they told him was that fedex would pick up the phone(this was November 20th).
I had a similar situation with a company I worked for a few years back. I was the receiver and FedEx delivered a phone mistakenly to our business. The next day the FedEx driver was told about it, but said he couldn't take it back without approval. I called FedEx no less than 6 or 7 times about it until they finally told me just to keep it, they didn't want to deal with it. I thought about taking it home but had a funny feeling about it so I left it at work. About 3 weeks later, the FedEx driver asks me about it and tells me he is supposed to pick it up. I'm not sure if FedEx was finally told to return it or if the driver was tired of hearing about it and figured he would keep it for himself. I really didn't care. The point is that it isn't worth it. Call FedEx and make them take it back. Make sure you document it when they do. If someone starts asking questions about it, it is on them and not you.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

wkw89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
I had a similar situation with a company I worked for a few years back. I was the receiver and FedEx delivered a phone mistakenly to our business. The next day the FedEx driver was told about it, but said he couldn't take it back without approval. I called FedEx no less than 6 or 7 times about it until they finally told me just to keep it, they didn't want to deal with it. I thought about taking it home but had a funny feeling about it so I left it at work. About 3 weeks later, the FedEx driver asks me about it and tells me he is supposed to pick it up. I'm not sure if FedEx was finally told to return it or if the driver was tired of hearing about it and figured he would keep it for himself. I really didn't care. The point is that it isn't worth it. Call FedEx and make them take it back. Make sure you document it when they do. If someone starts asking questions about it, it is on them and not you.
Thank you for your input, that is actually why I did leave it at work. We did tell the driver about it probably 5 or 6 times over 4 weeks. I was actually not the one who signed for it but both the person it was suppose to go to and the person who signed for it do not care what is done with the phone so that is why I am on here asking about this situation. Thanks again.

DevilDog512
Old
Thanks Meter 148
At&t will eventually lock the imei due to lost/stolen phone. I wouldn't keep it as my own. Some states have low felony dollar amounts on theft. They can trace these phones and lock them down. I actually have this hunk of crap because I bought a wonderful tmobile s4 from a second hand store in austin. Worked great for 3 months. Unlocked bootloader and all the custom roms I could flash. Then one day the Internet stops. Call tmo and they say it's locked down due to non payment. I explained how I purchased the phone and they could care less. It was an expensive media player at that point. Thankfully, the store I purchased it at took it back and gave me this pos. I complain, I'm actually lucky as the Internet is filled with horror stories of buying from an individual and losing their phone and money. Anyway, don't be an ass. Give the phone back or throw it in the trash. Or, you could burn it in effigy in front of your local at&t store. Happy holidays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

wkw89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkw89 View Post
Thank you for your input, that is actually why I did leave it at work. We did tell the driver about it probably 5 or 6 times over 4 weeks. I was actually not the one who signed for it but both the person it was suppose to go to and the person who signed for it do not care what is done with the phone so that is why I am on here asking about this situation. Thanks again.
I am also wondering if I were to use it on my at&t account(currently using XT860) would I be seen as stealing it or anything to that effect by at&t.

wkw89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog512 View Post
At&t will eventually lock the imei due to lost/stolen phone. I wouldn't keep it as my own. Some states have low felony dollar amounts on theft. They can trace these phones and lock them down. I actually have this hunk of crap because I bought a wonderful tmobile s4 from a second hand store in austin. Worked great for 3 months. Unlocked bootloader and all the custom roms I could flash. Then one day the Internet stops. Call tmo and they say it's locked down due to non payment. I explained how I purchased the phone and they could care less. It was an expensive media player at that point. Thankfully, the store I purchased it at took it back and gave me this pos. I complain, I'm actually lucky as the Internet is filled with horror stories of buying from an individual and losing their phone and money. Anyway, don't be an ass. Give the phone back or throw it in the trash. Or, you could burn it in effigy in front of your local at&t store. Happy holidays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
I figured as much. It is just going to sit in the filing cabinet for now then.