XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TF700 bricked...?

Tip us?

s14owner95
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Your drivers are working. You need different sets of drivers for different modes: fastboot drivers, adb drivers, mtp drivers.
Your tablet shows up as a bootloader interface because it is in fastboot mode - ergo the fastboot drivers are working.
You HAVE to get a working recovery onto the tablet. It will NOT work without a recovery. To push a rom zip to the tablet is useless - the only thing working on your tablet is fastboot mode.
If the recovery flash fails, try buster99's method. That should clean all the crud off your partitions.
But you need to have the Asus firmware blob file for this! You cannot do this with any rom zip!!

Edit: You did push the correct recovery this time, did you?
OK, so I quit messing with that TWRP recovery. I didn't do the buster99 cleanse yet, I had an epiphany while I was typing and I just pushed Clockwork Recovery mod. It loaded just fine. I even had a back up saved from the beginning of the year, but when I tried to recover, it said there was an MD5 mismatch. I'm not down to 8% battery on the tablet and that's not going to be good for anything, tomorrow I will try to reboot in Clockwork recovery and mount the tablet that way and send my new ROM.zip that way. I tried to reinstall the Ver8.zip of the old ROM that I had on there, it went through all the motions, said that installation was complete, but I still stuck with the ASUS title page.

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14owner95 View Post
OK, so I quit messing with that TWRP recovery. I didn't do the buster99 cleanse yet, I had an epiphany while I was typing and I just pushed Clockwork Recovery mod. It loaded just fine. I even had a back up saved from the beginning of the year, but when I tried to recover, it said there was an MD5 mismatch. I'm not down to 8% battery on the tablet and that's not going to be good for anything, tomorrow I will try to reboot in Clockwork recovery and mount the tablet that way and send my new ROM.zip that way. I tried to reinstall the Ver8.zip of the old ROM that I had on there, it went through all the motions, said that installation was complete, but I still stuck with the ASUS title page.
Yeah, better make sure you have enough battery left!
The reason that old CM rom does not work may be that you have a different or new bootloader.
Whatever rom you download: Read the OP and make damn sure you have the correct bootloader and the correct recovery installed before you flash anything else! Versions matter! You find your bootloader version when you boot into the bootloader menu: tiny script in the upper left.
Let me know how it went.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s14owner95
Old
(Last edited by s14owner95; 22nd December 2013 at 05:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Yeah, better make sure you have enough battery left!
The reason that old CM rom does not work may be that you have a different or new bootloader.
Whatever rom you download: Read the OP and make damn sure you have the correct bootloader and the correct recovery installed before you flash anything else! Versions matter! You find your bootloader version when you boot into the bootloader menu: tiny script in the upper left.
Let me know how it went.
So, no luck after the charge. I can't get the stupid drivers to install on this windows vista OS. I've downloaded the drivers from xda and from ASUS and no matter how I try to push the drivers, windows tells me that it cant find the drivers anywhere. On my device manager I see "Transformer" with an exclamation mark.

I got Clockwork Recovery to load up, and I can basically do all the things I need to do with it, but I can't get anything on the tablet from my PC to try to load the new system. I've tried Buster99's method to erase, but when I try to fastboot anything, it just tells me waiting on device.

*EDIT* The more I do this, the more I realize that I can push fastboot all day, I can erase data, I can reboot from fastboot. The problem is this damn ROM.zip that I have and since I can't get the tablet to completely boot up and install drivers correctly, I can't push another .zip file onto the /sdcard/ to flash a new ROM. I can't open it up to see if the SKU is correct, but I'm running 10.6.1.14.8 firmware. I know when I first started messing around with the HTC EVO, I had to downgrade my firmware to the original a few times to start from the beginning.

*EDIT2* Doing the Buster99 method, I have been able to reflash the firmware, again.. and HOLY CRAP as I speak the damn title page went away.. it gave me the wheel page.. then it went back to the title page.. and then wheel page again.. suggestions?

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Holy poop on a stick I got this thing back up and running! Of course, I wasn't paying attention and I downloaded the Japanese firmware, but seeing as how I speak and write Japanese.. I might just leave it..

Man thank you so much for you help.. big thumbs up!

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Holy poop on a stick I got this thing back up and running! Of course, I wasn't paying attention and I downloaded the Japanese firmware, but seeing as how I speak and write Japanese.. I might just leave it..

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14owner95 View Post
So, no luck after the charge. I can't get the stupid drivers to install on this windows vista OS. I've downloaded the drivers from xda and from ASUS and no matter how I try to push the drivers, windows tells me that it cant find the drivers anywhere. On my device manager I see "Transformer" with an exclamation mark.

I got Clockwork Recovery to load up, and I can basically do all the things I need to do with it, but I can't get anything on the tablet from my PC to try to load the new system. I've tried Buster99's method to erase, but when I try to fastboot anything, it just tells me waiting on device.

*EDIT* The more I do this, the more I realize that I can push fastboot all day, I can erase data, I can reboot from fastboot. The problem is this damn ROM.zip that I have and since I can't get the tablet to completely boot up and install drivers correctly, I can't push another .zip file onto the /sdcard/ to flash a new ROM. I can't open it up to see if the SKU is correct, but I'm running 10.6.1.14.8 firmware. I know when I first started messing around with the HTC EVO, I had to downgrade my firmware to the original a few times to start from the beginning.

*EDIT2* Doing the Buster99 method, I have been able to reflash the firmware, again.. and HOLY CRAP as I speak the damn title page went away.. it gave me the wheel page.. then it went back to the title page.. and then wheel page again.. suggestions?

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

I haven't laughed like this in a long time! The Japanese version???? LOL
Do you by any chance work in the quality control department for the TF701 at Asus? :Giggle uncontrollably:
Oh man! This was an adventure! And I'm really glad you got it back - just wondering for how long....
You are something....