5,596,235 Members 35,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a way to change sim card reader without changing upper board AGAIN!

Tip us?

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Default Is there a way to change sim card reader without changing upper board AGAIN!

In the last week I have changed my screen once, it was shattered. Broke the power switch off during that and had to replace the upper board to fix it. I went to put my sim in and it would not eject so I softly pried it out with a safety pin, now the sim isn't recognized when I put it in. It says no sim card even after reboot. I had to pull out again with a pin. I am really getting annoyed with this phone. I love it but my god seems lime one problem after another. I see you can buy just the reader online but I can't see how you would replace just the reader by looking at the old one. Any ideas are appreciated.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE THANKS BUTTON IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr5474 View Post
In the last week I have changed my screen once, it was shattered. Broke the power switch off during that and had to replace the upper board to fix it. I went to put my sim in and it would not eject so I softly pried it out with a safety pin, now the sim isn't recognized when I put it in. It says no sim card even after reboot. I had to pull out again with a pin. I am really getting annoyed with this phone. I love it but my god seems lime one problem after another. I see you can buy just the reader online but I can't see how you would replace just the reader by looking at the old one. Any ideas are appreciated.
Would the sim card not come out with u with a pen tip in the hole to release the card

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Yes exactly what it did and still does

Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhr5474
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Just bought a broken screen bad ESN one for 40. Wonder if sim reader will work in mine for Verizon?

Sprint LG G2!!!!!!!!!!!!