Tip us?

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinea View Post
I don't know exactly what do you mean by lateral flex. Tablet is somewhat loose in the hinge, but that seems to be design, and it 'works' same way as i saw in some videos. I can lift tablet few degrees from closed position before hinge on the dock starts to rotate. If you mean if it twists in the hinge along axis, then only little bit, and it is because of loose nature of the hinge. If you mean something completely different then please make me some very basic diagram or something, I'll try.

However, i discovered some very strange phenomenon with this tablet. It maybe well known effect, but i see it for the first time and it is somewhat hard to describe.
Before, i had only TF101 and it has plastic back. This model has brushed aluminum back. When i trace my finger on the metal surface of tablet's back, i feel subtle... resonance, rumble (?) in my fingertip. Not sure how to describe it. It only occurs when tablet is in the dock and charging from charger, and i have to move fingertip over surface, simply touching surface is not working. I really hope this thing is not possessed.
Unfortunately sounds like Asus haven't fixed the loose hinge on the 11 models then.

The resonance is because the device is not earthed. Happens on metal laptops as well as on my TF201 and TF700 as well. Not much you can do about it
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

turbinea
Old
(Last edited by turbinea; 21st December 2013 at 11:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Unfortunately sounds like Asus haven't fixed the loose hinge on the 11 models then.

The resonance is because the device is not earthed. Happens on metal laptops as well as on my TF201 and TF700 as well. Not much you can do about it
yes it is loose, but it wont loose contact with the dock, and it sounds worse than it really is. but i guess it's a matter of personal opinion.
anyway, thanks for 'resonance' explanation, going to cancel exorcist now

david90531
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinea View Post
I don't know exactly what do you mean by lateral flex. Tablet is somewhat loose in the hinge, but that seems to be design, and it 'works' same way as i saw in some videos. I can lift tablet few degrees from closed position before hinge on the dock starts to rotate. If you mean if it twists in the hinge along axis, then only little bit, and it is because of loose nature of the hinge. If you mean something completely different then please make me some very basic diagram or something, I'll try.

However, i discovered some very strange phenomenon with this tablet. It maybe well known effect, but i see it for the first time and it is somewhat hard to describe.
Before, i had only TF101 and it has plastic back. This model has brushed aluminum back. When i trace my finger on the metal surface of tablet's back, i feel subtle... resonance, rumble (?) in my fingertip. Not sure how to describe it. It only occurs when tablet is in the dock and charging from charger, and i have to move fingertip over surface, simply touching surface is not working. I really hope this thing is not possessed.
Haha yes, that was the case for TF201 too and I guess with all the brushed aluminum spin finish products. The first time I felt it I thought my tablet was vibrating non-stop, so I got a bit worried. Its' a strange feeling

david90531
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I was also wondering, with the updated specs (esp. improved WIFI and 2GB RAM), is the browsing experience much improved now? Is it comparable to other major tablets like Nexus 7, iPad Air and Surface 2? Because that's one of the major let down for me on the TF201, browsing experience is simply awful especially after a long time usage, the 1GB RAM and crappy Wifi just won't do, no matter what browser I use.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
I was also wondering, with the updated specs (esp. improved WIFI and 2GB RAM), is the browsing experience much improved now? Is it comparable to other major tablets like Nexus 7, iPad Air and Surface 2? Because that's one of the major let down for me on the TF201, browsing experience is simply awful especially after a long time usage, the 1GB RAM and crappy Wifi just won't do, no matter what browser I use.
Yes it is however you can easily fix that on the TF201 with CROMi-X which uses browser to ROM. My prime runs faster than the browser here with browser to ram installed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development