XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Gx - same device with jelly bean - Rage

Tip us?

mosesbd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down LG Gx - same device with jelly bean - Rage

i read an article that LG is gonna come out with a new device called LG - Gx wich has the exact same specs as the LG g pro with a little less PPI (401ppi) but with the new jelly bean OS ,

this is more than enough for anyone who has respect for his money to say no in the future to any LG cellular device,
money hungry company who gives a crap and puts even more crap on their costumers over time.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gx_goes_o...-news-7375.php

zxaz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Too early to opine, personaly i take it with a grain of salt......would be surprised that they made a device with the same spec then 2013.....

Logic717
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxaz View Post
Too early to opine, personaly i take it with a grain of salt......would be surprised that they made a device with the same spec then 2013.....
I'm just hoping it has dev support and we can somehow rip the ROM and run it on the G Pro seeing that most of the hardware is the same.

zxaz
Old
(Last edited by zxaz; 16th December 2013 at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
well it look like I was not right......it seem that lg have made the same phone then the g pro....

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gx_goes_o...-news-7375.php

to be honest I don't understand much why the lg x have the same spec then the g pro?? the positive point is that we gonna problably be able to port his newest rom in our g pro.. otherwise it not gonna be in the category of "flagship" especialy in 2014...

likemiketoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hopefully LG will update the G Pro alongside it when it releases, although it is weird that lg is releasing the same phone with just newer software...

jdk2
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by likemiketoo View Post
Hopefully LG will update the G Pro alongside it when it releases, although it is weird that lg is releasing the same phone with just newer software...
They're saving a fortune on software updates since they never update anything. Probably cheaper to just release another device and hope the public buys it. After all, we bought the OG Pro, didn't we and knew full well that no updates would be released.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdk2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azeem.droid
Old
Thanks Meter 22
We can only hope to port its stock rom onto our phone.
Just read that moto G is already receiving the 4.4 update. And v r still on 4.1.2 :banghead:

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
Nokia 6230>>Nokia N70>>Nokia N79>> Motorola Milestone(<3)>>BB 9700>>Sammy Galaxy Nexus>>LG OGPRO

DeMoN0iD
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I just want my G Pro to have the same vanilla stock kit Kat nexus rom like my n7 and n4 have. This stock LG rom sucks up too much memory.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda premium

liamR
Old
(Last edited by liamR; 22nd December 2013 at 12:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
The LGOGP has 2GB RAM, it's more than enough for running it lag free (mine running very smooth). With Android 4.3< things will be even better thanks to the new Trim function. From my experience 98% of the time the best rom for any device is based on its official release.

LG making a mistake in the long run not updating their devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to liamR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]