5,594,221 Members 45,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] workaround for apk parsing error

Tip us?

kieranc88
Old
(Last edited by kieranc88; 29th December 2013 at 12:40 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [GUIDE] workaround for apk parsing error

1. Download Es File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
2. Tick the fast access menu button in the top left corner of Es file explorer(looks like a globe with a picture of a phone in front of it)
3. When the menu pops out click the settings icon in the bottom right .
4. Scroll down to tools settings and click app manager.
5. Go to the last option and tick "(un)install apk automatically"
Es will then do the leg work for you when you want to install an apk, all you have to do is go to the folder in which it was downloaded and click the apk file.
I think this option is a lot easier than other workarounds that involve using google drive or moving the apk to a root folder.
You will need to turn on the root explorer option of Es file explorer for this to work, but if you need this workaround chances are you have an unlocked bootloader and are rooted. To turn on the root explorer click the fast access menu button in the top left corner, scroll down to root explorer ,click to on and grant superuser access.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kieranc88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irishpancake
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc88 View Post
1. Download Es File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
2. Tick the fast access menu button in the top left corner of Es file explorer(looks like a globe with a picture of a phone in front of it)
3. When the menu pops out click the settings icon in the bottom right .
4. Scroll down to tools settings and click app manager.
5. Go to the last option and tick "(un)install apk automatically"
Es will then do the leg work for you when you want to install an apk, all you have to do is go to the folder in which it was downloaded and click the apk file.
I think this option is a lot easier than other workarounds that involve using google drive or moving the apk to a root folder.
You will need to turn on the root explorer option of Es file explorer for this to work, but if you need this workaround chances are you have an unlocked bootloader and are rooted. To turn on the root explorer click the fast access menu button in the top left corner, scroll down to root explorer ,click to on and grant superuser access.
Congrats Kieran...you have cracked it.....hopefully KK will fix, but this is as good a fix as there is, for root users.....

Thanks man, step up for 1st Prize!!

darkeingel
Old
Thanks Meter 73
This issue is fixed with the 14.91.11 version on European ROMs - so update to the latest fw version so you don't have to deal with bugs.

_________________not anymore_________________

HTC G1 - 2.2 - Rooted - Cyanogen
Nexus One - Stock - Rooted - 2.3.3
Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Blackberry 9700 - OS6 - Hybrid - BIS
HD7 - Locked - Mango 7720.
HD7 TMOUS - SIMUNLOCKED - 8107 - Locked.
iPhone 4S - 6.1.2 - evad3rs - jailbr0ken.
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber

_________________ current ______________________
MOTO G - 4.4.2 - Greenify'd & Rooted

kieranc88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeingel View Post
This issue is fixed with the 14.91.11 version on European ROMs - so update to the latest fw version so you don't have to deal with bugs.
I've not had any official over the airs yet I'm Afraid. So this is as good as a solution as I can find at the moment.

ksuuk
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeingel View Post
I have 14.71.8 and no problem at all.

kieranc88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuuk View Post
I have 14.71.8 and no problem at all.
Not every one seems to be affected, but thought there must be alot of people like me who were,and the other workarounds seemed convoluted so posted this one 😃
The Following User Says Thank You to kieranc88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]