Running naked - no case nor pouch

Tip us?

remusator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default Running naked - no case nor pouch

Hello,
just looking for your experience with running phone naked.
No case nor pouch at all.

Sure, i love my phone. I don't wan't it damaged, but i don't see any purpose of running phone 2 years in case, and then throwing it onto shelf in mint condition.
So pouch would be ideal for me, right ? NO. I hate being in public and juggleing with phone in one hand, case in another, when the phone rings.
Same applies for shooting photos. Until i pull the pouch from my pocket and then pull phone from pouch, "subject is away"

And now, your experience.
Do you run phone naked ? How does the lens stand it ?
Lens is my only concern. I don't want to end-up with damaged lens, it would be shame to not be able to use ultrapixel camera.
My camera lens is not completely hidden to the body. It's bit uneven. Near the top of the phone, it's about 1mm inside. Bottom side of lens circle is flush with metal body, or it protrudes very very slightly.

Should i start to fear and put mega-super-tank case on it ?
/People with cases, please do not reply. This thread is only for strength ones, who run their phone naked. Eventually if you damaged it and now use it with case, you are welcome /
HTC One
4.19.401.11 (And 4.4.2, Sense 5.5)
Silver M7, no case, no foil

HTC Desire S
Stock pre-rooted gingerbread
Nexus 7 16G 2012 - Stock JB 4.2.2
(no need to root)

Tuborg68
Old
Thanks Meter 91
+1 on this question! I use a case mainly to protect the lense. Worried that pulling the phone out of pockets many times a day would cause scratches since the lens glass is flush with the back. But maybe I'm too careful... So would be very interesting to hear if you guys "running naked" could share if this is working regarding the glass on the lense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Arjen_Arg
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I use it naked. I made the mistake of buying an otter box case. It's massive, it totally ruins my phone experience. It makes it impossible to pull out of jeans.

So I use it naked but I put the case on to ride my bike to the gym. So far in 6 months I dropped the phone only once, luckily it was with the case on.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / Themer
Thanks Meter 3012
Thread closed,

There is a very similar thread in the accessories section regarding this. The post could have gone here.

Love naked device but need case....
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe